Luthiers for a Cause Project Announcement

I have given this much thought. I like the idea of 2b, raffle one off and then auction off the others. It gives everybody without deep pockets a chance at getting a dream uke while contributing to a worthy cause. With the luthiers and primo wood involved you will certainly sell the remaining at prices that will greatly help the kids.

I also like the idea of raffling off one and auctioning off the others. A $50 ticket would be quite accessible for a lot of people and it would be neat to watch the auction for the others.

I also like the idea of raffling off one and auctioning off the others. A $50 ticket would be quite accessible for a lot of people and it would be neat to watch the auction for the others.

I agree. Since the idea is to make as much money as possible for the charity, auctions seem to generate higher numbers. But it would be nice to have one raffle with ticket prices that allow more people to participate. As with all raffles I assume you would allow people to buy multiple tickets if they wish to increase their odds.

1(a), 2 (b).

We announced some pretty spectacular news this morning. We were approached by a generous supporter of music therapy who believes if these six fantastic ukes remain together, we can create even more awareness about and funds to support the power of music therapy. How so? By possibly having the ukes exhibited at various museums, used in a charity concert and potentially even having a CD recorded. With all project participants agreeing this was a fantastic outcome, we have sold the collection as a set for $100,000.

We know some members here were very keen to bid on one of these auctions. We hope you agree that this is absolutely the best possible outcome for The Ukulele Kids Club. Remember, you can still buy LFAC merchandise (all profit goest to UKC) and/or contribute to UKC directly via our web site.

The news is posted here: https://www.luthiersforacause.org/news/

And here: https://www.facebook.com/luthiersforacause/

WOW! This is such wonderful news!

Congratulations!! Fantastic outcome for this great project :)

I'm sure the Ukulele kids Club and all the children they help are very grateful. Congratulations to all involved and huzzah for a fantastic result!

Alhough.. it would have been a better result if I had ended up with one of those beautiful ukes... :uhoh:

Wow awesome result, and congrats to the kids, luthiers and organizers! And also congrats to the person who bought the set!

Last edited:
Congratulations Eddie, and everyone involved in this wonderful endeavor! What an amazing outcome to this project!

While there was no way that I was going to be able to bid on any of these amazing ukuleles, I was still looking forward to watching the auctions unfold and seeing what each would sell for. But this is definitely the best for the kids. And none of the luthiers would have to feel slighted, if by chance their particular ukulele went for much less than the other ones.

In the end, win, win, win!

Congratulations to everyone involved. This project is a winner in every aspect!

Top Bottom