The new aquila Carbonblack strings

They sound really good! When will they be available to purchase? I'd like to try some on my tenors. I went to the Aquila site but I could not seem to get them ordered.

It's great to see somebody always trying new materials though. I loved the reds, with the copper infused powder, but just had no luck with them not breaking on my ukes.

Thanks for posting these videos. It really helps to hear them in action.

We have just done 10,000 sets each ukulele type. At present most of our collaborators are working very fast to package them and send out to USA, in first instance. I have found the final formula and I must say that I am very impressed about what I have heard. I tell this thing without any business goal but just because I am a player (amatour) and I love music I have done a few of these carbonblack even for cuatro, charango, viola caipira, banjo, cavaqhino etc etc just to see what happen on these instruments. Yesterday I have done some Trebles for the classical guitar: amazing!
well, I am leaving Italy to China (due to my job) so starting from monday and for 1 week I will be not able to answer you there, guys.
Ciao
Mimmo :D

Last edited:
I am looking forward to seeing and hearing these for soprano.

....and in Europe?

Japan....Europe....I think more or less 1 month; unless one do not order in our own on line store. It is not possible to do faster: there are many and many passages to follow in the distribution. There are the very big distributors (we must wait their orders, we cannot oblige them to buy if they do not wat: they have their own planes); then they distribuite the strings to the stores: generally speacking, this process is slow and it is not possible make them faster by us
Ciao
Mimmo

Last edited:
I tried to order on the online shop but it keeps taking me back to the first page , maybe you have to order in bulk .

What a beautiful rendition of Fly Me To The Moon!

The Carbonblacks sound awesome, Mimmo. I can't wait to try them. My favorite strings of any brand are your Lavas and Reds, but that could change when I try your new ones :)

Enjoy your trip to China. I hope it will be a little warmer than Northern Italy right now.

hey Bonesoup, it is sunny here in Italy today morning. 10 degree Celsyus.
however ther could weater is always here...

Alytw, what do ou think? Give me the time to came back from my trip and then, what do you think if I send you a Mini A tuning set made with these carbonblack and you test them for me? Same like Booli, my brother. If you acceprt please send me a PM with your adress and phone for a free sample.

what the hell dudes, there is a lot of thing to do about strings.
ah, one more thing: please do not ask me these carbonblacks for the uprigth bass...too crazy.
take care, guys
mimmo

Ps: Solorule. do you want one Mini set of Carbonblack fore a free test or maybe you prefere to wait 6 months and spend a lot of money? just a question man....

Last edited:
Mimmo,

Thanks for the offer. I would definitely like to test them out on the mini. I'll send you a PM.

Mimo, that is so nice of you to offer a set of Cordoba mini strings to Alytw and SoloRule. We are all friends and live not far from each other. They are both excellent players of both uke, guitar and their Minis. These strings will get a very good test by people that know what they are doing. SoloRule makes very good recording so I am sure she will do one for these strings.

Top Bottom