The new aquila Carbonblack strings

Thank you for the offer. PM sent
Greatly appreciated
Dave thank you for the compliment, I am in fact thinking of doing a video playing the mini R! You read my mind

I think how we can help the process, is make our dealers aware of the new Carbonblack strings by Aquila and help create some demand. Nothing like customers emailing of ASKing to buy a product to get the dealers stocking. I have second request in to String by Mail asking for this product.

Thanks Mimmo for posting sound sample. I am impressed with clarity and balance of the clip.

Looking forward to trying these on all my tenors.

That's the way M3Ukulele, the shops move only upon request and the request moves the shop!
Make sure you'll ask for the new AGxAQ too!
Cheers

Just ordered a set of Tenor strings they only have a high G set for sale so i plan on leaving my Fremont Soloist on and see how it goes , only problem i have is the strings that are on are relatively new so dilemma is can i resist putting the Carbonblacks on watch this space .

Who did you order on line with? SBM said they have them on order, now waiting for due process and stock to arrive.

We have just done 10,000 sets each ukulele type. At present most of our collaborators are working very fast to package them and send out to USA, in first instance. I have found the final formula and I must say that I am very impressed about what I have heard. I tell this thing without any business goal but just because I am a player (amatour) and I love music I have done a few of these carbonblack even for cuatro, charango, viola caipira, banjo, cavaqhino etc etc just to see what happen on these instruments. Yesterday I have done some Trebles for the classical guitar: amazing!
well, I am leaving Italy to China (due to my job) so starting from monday and for 1 week I will be not able to answer you there, guys.
Ciao
Mimmo :D

I want to tune my short scale tenor banjo linear GCEA instead of GCAE. Will your banjo set work? D string tune down to C? Individual strings available?

I ordered them on Aquila's website don't think anybody is stocking them in the UK at the moment but i could be wrong .

http://shop.aquilacorde.com/product/carbonblack-tenore-set-cod-143u/

So anywhere in the process of checkout on the Website, can the price be converted to US Dollars or whatever currency the buyer is using? I really want to check out soprano, concert and tenor sets and we sell our house in 2 days, so there should be enough money left for 3 sets of strings and a pack of gum.

Not sure but i think if you pay with PayPal it converts it to your currency worth a try .

If I put them on my Fluke they'd be invisible.

Hi SoloRule & Alytwu,
As I am back from China, today I have sent you two Mini sets for both of you, guys:
one is in A the other is in E.
So you have the best chances to do all the tests.
They are made with these new Carbonblack strings, of course.
take care guys
Mimmo

Hi SoloRule & Alytwu,
As I am back from China, today I have sent you two Mini sets for both of you, guys:
one is in A the other is in E.
So you have the best chances to do all the tests.
They are made with these new Carbonblack strings, of course.
take care guys
Mimmo

Thank you Mimmo. I received your email. Didn't know you were in China. Hope you had a good trip and visited some factories.
I have uploaded the mini R demo here (if you search Kiss The Rain - played on mini R) . It's for comparison once I have the carbonblack strings. Alytwu has been in contact with me this morning. We will each do a different tuning but he is a much much better player than me so bare with me if I am making a fool of myself . ha ha Thank you again.

I'm no expert on strings by any stretch of the imagination but i think your going to like these Carbonblack's , i've got mine on a Godin Multiuke with a Fremont Soloist and i'm very happy , i mainly strum but have been making myself do some lead work and they are excellent for both techniques (to my ears).
Well done Aquila keep up the good work .

I didn't read the whole thread but, these are just fluorocarbons right?

Top Bottom