The new aquila Carbonblack strings

Hi Mimmo,

Just ordered some Carbon Black tenor strings from Elderly. Looking forward to trying them out.

hello guys,
any news about the Carbonblack stringts designed for the Mini?
I hyave sent two sets, one4 in A and another in E to two guy for test
unfortunaterly I harde nothing back how they work
Thanks
Mimmo

Hi Mimmo
I still have not received the package from you
I will ask Adam now to see if he received it
We are both eager to give it a try
Thank you again

Thank you downupdave for alerting me to check this thread!

Gutted, week old 3rd string snapped at the tuners not sure if it was my fault was enjoying them as well might revert back to the reds till a few members here come back with more feedback . Don't let my bad luck put you of .

Dear Mimmo,

Just to let you know I'm very, very, happy and satisfied with the Carbon Black on my tenor (see the other thread on page 3 and, BTW maybe our dear mods could fuse the 2 threads in 1 ?).
And I have a question for you : can you tell when the new set for guitalele tuned in E will be available to purchase ?
Thanks in advance; grazie mille from Paris.
Gilles

Ciao gilles T,
thank you so much

The Mini E tuning carbonblack set: I am still doing some tests. then there is the envelopes to do and then the distruibutors....all these things take 2 months almost.
Please, who is able here to joint togheter the two threads?
Mimmo

Ciao gilles T,
thank you so much

The Mini E tuning carbonblack set: I am still doing some tests. then there is the envelopes to do and then the distruibutors....all these things take 2 months almost.
Please, who is able here to joint togheter the two threads?
Mimmo

Mimmo
I received email notice from UPS yesterday. I will string them up as soon as I received them. Thank you again for your sample offer.

Brenda

Dear Mimmo,

Just to let you know I'm very, very, happy and satisfied with the Carbon Black on my tenor (see the other thread on page 3 and, BTW maybe our dear mods could fuse the 2 threads in 1 ?).
And I have a question for you : can you tell when the new set for guitalele tuned in E will be available to purchase ?
Thanks in advance; grazie mille from Paris.
Gilles

Hello Gilles from Paris, here is Dominique from Saint Cyprien, where did you buy these strings.
Thank you , Merci.

Hello Dominique from St Cyprien,

I ordered directly form Aquila's official site and received the parcel very quickly.
J'ai commandé directement par internet sur le site officiel Aquila ; je ne crois pas qu'elles soient déjà distribuées par des vendeurs en ligne. A noter la livraison très rapide (trois jours).
Cordialement,
Gilles

I've only skimmed the thread, so I may have missed the info. What are the diameters of the tenor strings? Are there details when these will be available at European outlets? (Looked at Thomann and Schneider Musik in Germany.)

edit: I went ahead and bought two sets directly from Aquila, because Mimmo is always nice! :) Still curious about the diameter of the strings, though!

Last edited:
I just recieved a tenor and concert set direct from Aquila.
I've strung my Ohana SK30L (tenor neck soprano), and I'm not particular impressed.
They sound a bit dead with less sustain compared to the Living Water strings I use now.
There might be a problem with the E string? When I compare the flagolet at the 12th fret with the open string, it's about 15 cents flat.
i'll give them some time, but will probably go back to Living Water

Gutted, week old 3rd string snapped at the tuners not sure if it was my fault was enjoying them as well might revert back to the reds till a few members here come back with more feedback . Don't let my bad luck put you of .

I installed a set this afternoon and the same happened to me. I bring the strings up to tune gently and a little at a time. The C string snapped when the uke was sitting there in between tuning. It snapped somewhere between the nut and the tuner peg. I left the E and A strings on the uke and put on some TI G and C strings. The trebles sound good, different than the Oasis I usually use. I put these on a Godin Multiuke. I have another full set I'll probably try on a different tenor.

There might be a problem with the E string? When I compare the flagolet at the 12th fret with the open string, it's about 15 cents flat.

Flat is interesting. Is the E string noticeably thinner than the LW string you had been using? If it had gone sharp, I would have guessed that it's thicker and your uke is not set up for it, but flat is different.

How long did shipping take?

I saw that SUS have the blacks in stock now, but at 10 pounds it's cheaper to buy them from Aquila directly.

Top Bottom