The new aquila Carbonblack strings

Thanks Adam
well, this mean that I will do other tests working in a better waym and, expecially slow.
Ok, at present i lost the battle of the carbonblack on a Mini. ah ah
thanks dude
Mimmo

Thanks Mimmo. Once the issues are addressed I would definitely try them again. One other note, even after I stretched them, they were too stretchy and there were too many windings for the space on the g string. It seems that the g is the biggest problem (in e tuning).

What about the reds? I like those strings a lot and think that they would be good on the mini. Do you plan on making a red set for e tuning?

Adam

Salve Mimmo,

Wolfgang from Germany here. I ordered one Tenor and one Concert set from your online store.

The Concert set is still unused, but I can provide feedback on the Tenor set.

l like the idea, I like the look and feel, I like the diameter and the tension, I like the tone, which is powerful and brilliant, but not as trebly as the Reds. Perhaps a little more R&D could address the issues that came up in this thread?

Ciao,

WvB

Last edited:
Just wanted to echo everyone else's comments about these strings- I really like them and so far they're my new favorite. To me, on my uke, fluorocarbon had that bell tone but lacked "warmth" so I had actually gone back to D'Addarios...these Carbonblacks have the best of both to me...but again that's just my opinion- thanks Mimmo and Aquila!

So I've been playing more with these and still really like the sound and no breakages yet...BUT, I've noticed I'm having intonation issues where I haven't before...anyone else? Might be a fluke, I've got more sets so I can swap out. Might also try the new Aldrine set and compare...

So I've been playing more with these and still really like the sound and no breakages yet...BUT, I've noticed I'm having intonation issues where I haven't before...anyone else? Might be a fluke, I've got more sets so I can swap out. Might also try the new Aldrine set and compare...

G goes flat on 12th
C goes sharp on 12th
E OK on 12th
A OK on 12th

Not enough to really worry me though, 1 or 2 "slices" on a Snark tuner, so it might even be the tuner.

Hi guys,
here is a short video how I install these tred series without any breackage.
I have done it using the most critical string that it is the C note.

Thank you, Mimmo! That is a very different way (from what I have been doing) at the tuner post. I normally put the string in the hole from the top (twice, if it's a thinner string), then pull the end up and begin to turn the button. I'll try this next time.

Yes thank you Mimmo for the video , it's roughly what i've been doing except you seem to be going twice round the string before pulling it up to the tuner.
I haven't received the replacement C string yet but when i do i'll give your method a try , still enjoying the A & E strings though.

Last edited:
G goes flat on 12th
C goes sharp on 12th
E OK on 12th
A OK on 12th

Not enough to really worry me though, 1 or 2 "slices" on a Snark tuner, so it might even be the tuner.

Awesome, thanks for checking and responding. I'll try another set...

Top Bottom