262. You Want It Darker.

Greetings,

I hated every track I did this week, some weeks are like that. So I woke up after a restless night and recorded a raw track. Then decided I liked it, so here is "Talking in your sleep". I look horrible but somehow it conveyed an emotion I was feeling.

Ciao

Thank you for the emotion and skill and soul you've freely offered this week.
For me, it has been, thus far, the most enjoyable season I have been a part of.
I'm no music or literary critic, but I chose this theme for a reason
and I feel privileged to have heard all I have. Thank you everyone.
Another day to hit me in the guts if you wanna.
Will leave you with this.
I hope it inspires you or sends you off to sleep, whichever place you'd rather be.
Some Pierre Bensusan folks.
Goodnight.

My wife and I saw him perform at Ethel Ennis' club in Baltimore 30+ years ago. It was right after Hal Leonard released his first book of transcriptions. We sat at a table front and center of a small stage. What a show. Thanks for posting these.

This another "Nights " One. Seven of them, except .....

I seem to be having sound picture synchronisation issues....time for the BIG hammer me
thinks !!!

Greetings,

Has anyone ever not been able to see their comments in you tube even though it says they are there? I deleted a bunch of liked vids and old playlists thinking it was a space thing. Probably wasn't. So if it I unliked your vid by accident ..that was the reason. They were oldies, so it probably didn't matter.

Ciao

Last "Night" one from me...Happy Days and Lonely Nights , 1928.....

Jodi. The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia.
Fantastic voice Jodi. Awesome song. Thank you so much!
U Low. The Snakes Crawl At Night.
Maybe my fave country song ever. My intro to it was the Pine Valley Cosmonauts album with Janet Bean singing it. You totally killed this man. Absolutely awesome stuff. thank you.
Pops. So Long Marianne.
Sensational Alan, like everything you've given us this week. Thank you brother.
Randy. When The Night.
Dunno the song mate but I sure do now. Love it and the way you played and sang it Randy. Thank you.
Jodi. Long Night Wind.
It's a beautiful poem, Jodi. Hopeful, looking ahead. And up. What we all need right now. Love the musical bed you have made for the words to nestle in. Thank you.
Janet. Glitter In The Air.
And all this time I thought Pink was a punk sorta dude. Smashed that misconception Janet. Sounds like a damn hard song to play and sing. You incorporated the melody lines too. The whole thing is super mate. Thank you.
Janet. I'll Follow You Into The Dark.
Stunning and beautiful version Janet. Thank you.

Silly Dave. In The Still Of The Night.
Yes Dave. You brought Uncle Cole! Super playing mate. Great interpretation of the song. Thank you brother.
Rob. Quiet People.
Everything about this is perfect.
TLW. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
Beautifully played and sung Joo!
Joo. Star.
What a song and what a gorgeous performance of it. Your voice is incredible, man. Dripping with soul and emotion. Thank you for singing it for us joojoo.
Joo. Bird On A Wire.
Oh yeah. Amazing version of this song, joo. Again, your voice has a quality and depth that most of us just don't have in us. You sing with truth from the deepest places. This is so good.
Gina. Talking In Your Sleep.
Mmmm. Keep getting up early and singing this stuff, Gina. Fantastic. Thank you.
CJ. 7 Drunken Nights.
First learnt this one from Pete Seeger. Your slant on it is as fun and free as everything you play, brother. Thank you.
Stephen. Filipino Dance Hall Girl.
Lovely version of this, Stephen. Such a beautiful song. Beautifully played and sung brother. Thank you.
CJ. Happy Days And Lonely Nights.
Oh man this is brilliant. Your voice, your playing. This really kicks serious ass mate. Bob Brozman at his best and worst... :p Awesome.

I have decided to offer only one gift. The time and cost involved in postage makes it not worthwhile to me really.
I know nobody is after awards anyway. It's about the songs, isn't it? To quote a not-so-old friend.

With that said, I would like to offer instead, a list of my personal favourite video clips from this week.
I want to say thank you. To all of you.
This week has been very special to me.
I have laughed out loud, been cut open and had my soul turned inside out and back again.
The depth of emotions you have conveyed is represented in what, to me, is one of the finest seasons playlists we have to this time.

There were almost 100 videos and, having listened to each clip at least twice, these are the performances that linger.
For me.
I am neither a music or literary critic but I am a slave to my heart, for better or worse.
I appreciate too, the videos that do not appear below.
Each category. In order.
Thank you, friends.

Original Songs of the Night.

Brian. Passover
Tom. In the Night
Linda. True
Berni. Last Night Of A Brigadista
Paul. Dreaming

Original Poems of the Night.

Heino. Nightmare
Jodi. Long Night Wind

Cover Songs of the Night.

U Low. The Snakes Crawl At Night
Liza. Bright Eyes
CJ. Happy Days And Lonely Nights
Ray. Night And Day
Jim. Alone At Midnight

Leonard Cohen Cover Songs.

Heino. Suzanne
Pops. Treaty
Joo. Bird On A Wire
Brian. First We Take Manhattan

I offer the gift for this season to Heino.
Because his voice tears me apart.
Heino, I appreciate if you can send me a postal address.

Love and peace Seasonistas.
And again, thank you.

Hi Jon! I'm totally flattered by the thought of being the one who touched you that much.To be honest..here in Germany nobody has ever appreciated my style...also been cheated as I played a gig for a future 'The voice of Germany' winner....Thank you so much! After having won this Phil button I felt like a king (thanks to Gina!)...and now? I'm settled in peace...which will give me the energy to finish my German vote song.
Heino

Hi Jon! I'm totally flattered by the thought of being the one who touched you that much.To be honest..here in Germany nobody has ever appreciated my style...also been cheated as I played a gig for a future 'The voice of Germany' winner....Thank you so much! After having won this Phil button I felt like a king (thanks to Gina!)...and now? I'm settled in peace...which will give me the energy to finish my German vote song.
Heino

Brother it was my privilege to hear your words and music this week. Your voice is a gift. Your words also. Keep using them. It is great to have you join this thing. I look forward to hearing more. My tastes are eclectic and I have a touch of the sociopath about me but I know when I am hit in the face or moved to cry. Finish that ****ing song!

OK. Brian (pabrizzer) also has to receive a small token of appreciation for all his incredible music, originals and otherwise.
Everything he submitted this week was gold.
Thank you Brian.
I will send you a PM also.

Fab season Jon! My only regret is not finding the time to join in. I did have many listens and everyone deserves a high five!

Greetings Jon and all the folks!

Thanks for a great season. It drove me to do new things. Such talent in this group it lifts my spirit. As always, congrats to winners, and thanks to our host.

Ciao

Thank you, Jon, for hosting and your heartfelt comments throughout the Season. Also, I loved those "extra" posts along the way. Thank you, as well, for the shout out and congratulations to all.

Thanks for hosting a great Season Jon. Really enjoyed it! :)

I like your way with music. For me too, it's all about touching people. Technique is only a means to an end - it's what communicates by that end that matters. Thank you for hearing something of that in my playing and singing.

And Congratulations to Heino! A very well-deserved light shone on him - in all this darkness. :cool:

Top Bottom