Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 262. You Want It Darker.

Talk about the pinch hitter delivering in the clutch ... Baseball reference. Could not help myself. Great theme, Jon!
    KoAlana KCA- 0010 mahogany concert <VBG> Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top, willow back/sides) Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany gloss finish soprano Fluke natural concert <BG> Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> Koa soprano Flea Islander MAT-4 spalted maple tenor Makala MK-CE concert Lanakai LU-21 baritone

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Great version! But please, as much as I love Patti, it's a Bruce song - he wrote it and sent it to her. I saw them do it together in NYC in 78 - it was phenomenal!

And Jon, I got just the number for this week.

Okay, after a loooong absence I'm going to try to get at least one video done for this week! Glad the song writing option is there, always good to get the creative juices flowing going to grab my uke and a pen and paper right now!

Hahahahaha! Eugene Ukulele raises the Jolly Roger on the first day! YES!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain goat View Post
    The above shall heretofore be known as the Eugene rule.

"Long Black Veil" A classic ghost story told from the point of view of the ghost. Danny Dill said this was inspired by the legend of a mysterious veiled woman who regularly visited Rudolph Valentino's grave.

"Inspire me muse to sing of the wanderer, who sailed the wine dark sea and toppled the towers of Ilium"
    "Make a Joyous Noise"
    "Let there be song to fill the air"

Uncle Tommy's Holiday Camp

Long before the Seasons of the Ukulele, there was this fellow on here who called himself Eugene Ukulele, and he would always bring us the most pleasant old songs from his backyard. Snappy dresser too truth be told.
    Anyway- this is the chord progression he taught me to play this tune in way back in 2012.
    Wish I knew where that guy was...think he is a dance instructor somewhere now.
    I Wonder Where my Baby is Tonight- Cliff Edwards Jiminy Cricket Ukulele Ike...and all of the above.

Thanks for stepping in Jon-O
    Last edited by TCK; 02-19-2017 at 10:38 AM.

TCK, if you ever do a Merle Haggard show, you gotta do this one.
    Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

New Uke Day! Very excited to have this Risa LP Electric Ukulele from Mim's Ukes. If you do not know Mim she is AWESOME! When she was at NAMM she said she was going to start carrying this line and wanted to know if anyone wanted one. I couldn't hit the send key fast enough. She did a great job of setting up the uke and taking care of me through the process.

Wrote this song while I was on the road two years ago. Got a little confused in the intro with what Season it actually is.
    Flat flip flies straight.

Here's another one with my new favorite ukulele.....
    Flat flip flies straight.

Season 262. Submission 1. "Hey, That's No Way To Say Goodbye" (Written and recorded by Leonard Cohen, 1967)

Thread Information