Your current go-to songs...

My 2 go to songs are Jake Shimabukuro's version of "Guitar Gently Weeps" and "Let's Dance".

I honestly thought I would see the Guitar Gently Weeps song on this list a lot for some reason haha.

Fun Thread! Been trying to learn a few songs a week the last 6 weeks, and so I've been exposed to a lot of songs in that time. I guess the ones I seem to go to regularly this week are:

ELP - Lucky Man strummed/finger picked and sung.
Townes Van Zandt - If I needed You finger picked/strummed and sung.

Lately my go to song is Aimless Love or In a Town This Size by John Prine. Or a bluegrass tune like Don't This Road Look Rough and Rocky or Columbus Stockade Blues.

Now I have a new song to work on. Aimless Love is a good one and it forces me to practice that E-chord. Thanks

City of Stars from La La Land movie
Imagine by John Lennon
Wild Horses by the Rolling Stones
Space Oddity by David Bowie
first few verses of Stairway to Heaven

Bike mech, the good thing is that once you have this memorized (and it's a simple song structure), you can sing many other songs to it (especially other John Prine songs).

Last edited:
Just figured out how to play Harvest Moon by Neil Young--pick & strum. I must've played it 200 times in the last 7 days. That and My Sweet Lady, by John Denver--picking.

Just figured out how to play Harvest Moon by Neil Young--pick & strum. I must've played it 200 times in the last 7 days. That and My Sweet Lady, by John Denver--picking.

Do you have a link that shows how you play Harvest Moon?

Top Bottom