Status
Not open for further replies.

Diogenes Blue

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
SOLD!

READ THIS!

As with my previous ukulele posted on the marketplace, this uke's neck is slightly off center. It's not noticeable unless you look at it straight on, it doesn't affect the structure or playability. The uke should last generations if cared for properly. It does have a few minor finish blemishes, nothing drastic.

Figured ambrosia maple back and sides.
Sitka Spruce top.
Walnut binding.
Grover 4b tuners.
Bound Honduras rosewood fretboard.
Honduras rosewood bridge.
Bone nut and saddle.
Figured maple neck.
Mother of pearl dots and Blue Frog logo.
White side dots.

The uke is loud and sounds great.

$250.00 includes shipping in the lower 48.

Thanks for looking!
Vic

s33-1.jpgs33-2.jpgs33-3.jpg

Last edited:
Two questions sincerely, why are these coming out off center the neck?

And can one customize to where you can install a tap plate (err, batman) and or drill a sound port?

Last edited:
Should I be able to see the off-centered-ness from the photos? If so, I am not sure where to look! :p Thanks!

And- how, if any, does this affect the action?

One more question, if I may: I am not sure how to ask this "musically," but I am wondering if the nut and bridge then are in a straight line in relationship to each other ensuring that the strings are perpendicular to the frets all the way down and the notes remain true. Thank you!

It's a gorgeous instrument!

Two questions sincerely, why are these coming out off center the neck?

And can one customize to where you can install a tap plate (err, batman) and or drill a sound port?

I have no idea how the last two came out wonky. I'm thinking gremlins... It will definitely not happen again, measures are being taken lol. It's only about an 8th off, but noticeable looking straight on. I can definitely do the pick guard and side port, but the pick guard won't have the same shape as the batman uke due to the change in fretboard design. I do like the "bat" style tho.

Last edited:
One more question, if I may: I am not sure how to ask this "musically," but I am wondering if the nut and bridge then are in a straight line in relationship to each other ensuring that the strings are perpendicular to the frets all the way down and the notes remain true. Thank you!

It's a gorgeous instrument!

Thank you! If you look toward the end of the fretboard you can see the strings veer a bit on the inside on the treble side. It's actually exagerated a bit in the photo due to the angle I took the pic from. It doesn't effect the intonation or playability, except you have a little more room for vibrato up the neck on the treble side. The nut and saddle are coplaner, the action is medium/low, and the intonation is very close for a soprano.

Price drop due to the neck issue and finish blems.

$250.00 gets it shipped to the lower 48.

Last edited:
What is the batman tap plate the over member is referring to? And a sound port would be cool.

No worries. No need to apologize, we all change our minds from time to time. Keep an eye on the marketplace for a uke with ebony tap plate and side port. Doing one by mail is just cost prohibitive. I've had other requests for them so I suppose I should to them more often.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom