NUD: Flea concert

FinnP

Reaction score
Hi
Just got my new amethyst Flea concert today :D
I guess all the rumors are true, -this is a very nice uke.
Action and intonation are spot on as it should be. It's hard to find Fleas in europe, but I managed to get this beauty.
It's strung with D'Addario strings, I wonder if anybody can tell me the name of the set used?
IMG_0190.jpg
B90EDE89-1FDA-4C1E-81EE-448CEFA64BC7.jpg

Hi Finn, I think those may be the D'Addario EJ88S Nyltech set. I have used those often, and they're very nice. I have more recently used Martin M-600's and had very good luck with them too. By the way, your concert Flea is a beauty!

They look like Aquila Nylgut, so perhaps D'Addario Nyltech strings? Hoping someone else can give you a definitive answer.

Enjoy your amethyst Flea! I have had my black soprano flea for less than a week and I agree with you. It is everything the reviews say. I have a lot of nice ukes, but none of them play as easily as this one.

Beautiful Flea! Yes, those probably are Nyltechs. I've used them and D'Addario Titaniums on my Fluke and (now sold) Flea. I'm using Aquila Reds for G, E, and A and an Aquila Lava C (the Red C broke). They seem to mesh the best with my Fluke, but your mileage may vary!

Congratulations Finn!

We also just took possession of a Flea, though this one is a soprano Surf. Yesterday we ordered a Honu turtle Flea with hardwood fretboard (my wife's first uke). It's two weeks out.

David

I had just emailed the nice folks at Magic Fluke a couple months ago with the same question:
"They are a D'Addario concert scale nyltech string. Made in cooperation with Aquila. Very popular."

I had just emailed the nice folks at Magic Fluke a couple months ago with the same question:
"They are a D'Addario concert scale nyltech string. Made in cooperation with Aquila. Very popular."

I came here to write the same thing. :)

Very nice strings; they work well on my Mango Mainland, too.

Congratulations on your new Flea!
It's a gorgeous one, I'm sure you'll have a great time with it.

Top Bottom