I Rig Acoustic

philrab66

Reaction score
Hi
Does anybody know of an app for android tablet for the I rig to play through and hopefully record.
Thanks Phil

IK Multimedia do one themselves:

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/acousticios/

Looks good

This will not work with Android devices. I have the iRig acoustic and only own android devices. The good news is you can use any recording app for Android and it will work with those. I have downloaded 4 different recording apps and they all work with the iRig Acoustic on an android device.

philrab66 if you have not purchased the iRig Acoustic yet I would spring for the iRig Acoustic Stage. Much better unit, comes with a preamp with modeling and you can record AND plug into an amplifier. You cannot do this with the iRig, I am buying the new iRig Acoustic Stage.

Hi
Does anybody know of an app for android tablet for the I rig to play through and hopefully record.
Thanks Phil

It will work with any app that can record as the plug is universal. There are Android guitar apps as well as recording apps in the Google Play Store

This will not work with Android devices. I have the iRig acoustic and only own android devices. The good news is you can use any recording app for Android and it will work with those. I have downloaded 4 different recording apps and they all work with the iRig Acoustic on an android device.

philrab66 if you have not purchased the iRig Acoustic yet I would spring for the iRig Acoustic Stage. Much better unit, comes with a preamp with modeling and you can record AND plug into an amplifier. You cannot do this with the iRig, I am buying the new iRig Acoustic Stage.

:agree:

For the OP Phil - there is a thread that's been going a while now and as of the time I type this has 124 posts, all about the NEW iRig Acoustic Stage, which includes videos, links to lots of info, and even has the participation of an official rep from the company that makes these things (IKMM)...

you may find this thread helpful:

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?125196-NEW-iRig-Acoustic-Stage-99

Last edited:

Thanks everybody for suggestions unfortunately I have already purchased the original acoustic. Could you please recommend one of the recorders you have downloaded.On my tablet I just have a mini USB and a headphone jack will the irigl work through the headphone jack?

Yes I have the same problem, the app only works on i phones, not android. However I can record onto my tablet or phone using the i rig.

If you go to the Google Play Store search for audio recorders. I use "Audio Recorder" by Sony Mobile Communication, icon is a white mic inside a red circle. Another one I like is "Audio Recorder and Editor" by rierie501, a white mic inside a light blue square. Both are free and there are many more . I primarily use my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone and I just plug the the iRig into the headphone jack.

Just as a side note for Zoom recorder owners I plug my Hn2 into my phone with a male to male headphone jack and the Zoom Hn2 makes a good external mic, using the same apps above. I use this to record our bands practice sessions. I have a decent Bluetooth speaker that pairs with my phone we can Iisten to the play back through.

Last edited:
If you go to the Google Play Store search for audio recorders. I use "Audio Recorder" by Sony Mobile Communication, icon is a white mic inside a red circle. Another one I like is "Audio Recorder and Editor" by rierie501, a white mic inside a light blue square. Both are free and there are many more . I primarily use my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone and I just plug the the iRig into the headphone jack.

Just as a side note for Zoom recorder owners I plug my Hn2 into my phone with a male to male headphone jack and the Zoom Hn2 makes a good external mic, using the same apps above. I use this to record our bands practice sessions. I have a decent Bluetooth speaker that pairs with my phone we can Iisten to the play back through.

Hi Dave
I have downloaded them apps just tried a quick voice recording it did work however when I go to where it is stored on tablet it is not highlighted and will not play. Any suggestions?
Thanks Phil

Hi Dave
I have downloaded them apps just tried a quick voice recording it did work however when I go to where it is stored on tablet it is not highlighted and will not play. Any suggestions?
Thanks Phil

I really don't know what to say. I am not very tech savvy and actually had all the same questions about apps for the iRig and Booli helped me out. What make of device do you have? For me it is easy as turning on the app touch record, a screen with a round button appears. Touch that and you are recording and there is a counter running. Hit the square button to stop recording. Then go back up to the title bar where RECORD is on the left and RECORDING is on the right, hit RECORDINGS and it will take you to your recorded list filed in chronological order.

Last edited:
I really don't know what to say. I am not very tech savvy and actually had all the same questions about apps for the iRig and Booli helped me out. What make of device do you have? For me it is easy as turning on the app touch record, a screen with a round button appears. Touch that and you are recording and there is a counter running. Hit the square button to stop recording. Then go back up to the title bar where RECORD is on the left and RECORDING is on the right, hit RECORDINGS and it will take you to your recorded list filed in chronological order.

Hi Dave
I tried the apps they didn't sound great so tried my iPhone again. The recording sounds great but how do you save a track? Maybe a question for Booli wish they came with a manual

Top Bottom