Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NUBD: Kala Rumbler...

So...today, I noticed my pickup is coming lose. How do you tighten a nut inside the body that is inaccessible?!?!?!

Yes, Not the pickup, the output jack.
    Last edited by UkerDanno; 06-04-2017 at 04:10 AM.
    Just Play

Sopranos: 1st uke, Lanikai soprano LU-11 - Aquilas | 30's Martin style 0 - Martins | Fender Piha'eu - Worth Browns | Lanikai banjolele - Fremont Blacklines
    Concerts: Kanile'a K-2 CP - Living Water | Islander AC-4 - Living Water
    UBass: Kala Rumbler - Pahoehoe

Do you mean the output jack where you plug in the amp cable? There are actually two nuts, on the inside as a stop, and outside holding the jack, which is the one to tighten. The repair guy at Guitar Center West Los Angeles showed me a couple of years ago. Go to the hardware store and buy a 6" piece of 1/4" clear plastic tubing. Insert the tube into the output jack, then hold it firmly as you tighten the nut. Works great for me.

UU Group Affiliations: Los Angelukes, Custom Uke Owners
    Member of The CC Strummers, see us in action: https://www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos
    Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, an organization that provides ukuleles to kids in hospital music therapy programs
    and please make sure to like them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UkuleleKidsClubInc

Quote Originally Posted by kohanmike View Post
    Do you mean the output jack where you plug in the amp cable? There are actually two nuts, on the inside as a stop, and outside holding the jack, which is the one to tighten. The repair guy at Guitar Center West Los Angeles showed me a couple of years ago. Go to the hardware store and buy a 6" piece of 1/4" clear plastic tubing. Insert the tube into the output jack, then hold it firmly as you tighten the nut. Works great for me.
    Hmmm, yes, the jack, thanks, I wish you were right. I tried jamming a pencil eraser in the jack, but it all turns as one piece, maybe the Rumbler has a cheaper jack. Looks like I need to tighten the nut inside somehow!
    Just Play

Sopranos: 1st uke, Lanikai soprano LU-11 - Aquilas | 30's Martin style 0 - Martins | Fender Piha'eu - Worth Browns | Lanikai banjolele - Fremont Blacklines

I suggest you try to loosen the outside nut first, maybe it's cross threaded and jammed, then tighten it.

UU Group Affiliations: Los Angelukes, Custom Uke Owners
    Member of The CC Strummers, see us in action: https://www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos
    Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, an organization that provides ukuleles to kids in hospital music therapy programs
    and please make sure to like them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UkuleleKidsClubInc

Hmmm, you could be right. There are 2 little holes on the sides of the inside of the jack, like if you had a little spread tool, you could hold the shaft with it. I can't get anything in there good enough to hold it. Wonder if that a special tool a luthier would have.

something like this...
    http://www.stewmac.com/Luthier_Tools...e_Gripper.html

or...except, I can't get the outside "jack cover nut" loose.
    Last edited by UkerDanno; 06-04-2017 at 11:03 AM.
    Just Play

Got authorization and a shipping label from Kala to send it in for repairs, sent it off today, hope they turn it around fast, I have a jam this Saturday!
    Just Play

Thread Information