Song Help Request Some songs that combine strumming AND basic fingerpicking?

weeshan

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking for some songs I can learn to play that combine strumming with basic fingerpicking. So far Ive only done one or the other, not both.

Any ideas of some songs that combine the two that would be suitable for a newer player? Style doesnt really matter at this point.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I am looking for some songs I can learn to play that combine strumming with basic fingerpicking. So far Ive only done one or the other, not both.

Any ideas of some songs that combine the two that would be suitable for a newer player? Style doesnt really matter at this point.

Thanks!

When fingerpicking, I often strum a whole chord for emphasis where appropriate ... alternatively fingerpick through the verse and strum through the chorus (when everyone else is supposed to join in)

Enjoy :music:

I would say that a good one for beginners is House of the Rising Sun. You can play the intro chords as arpeggios, then change up into strumming for the rest of the song. The song's 6/8 time signature means that a repeated down-and-back up pattern (i.e. 4th-3rd-2nd-1st-2nd-3rd) works really well. Play the pattern over the intro chords: Am C D F Am E Am E (I usually play the last E as single slow downstrum - and by 'E' I mean, of course, 'E7' ;))

I would say that a good one for beginners is House of the Rising Sun. You can play the intro chords as arpeggios, then change up into strumming for the rest of the song. The song's 6/8 time signature means that a repeated down-and-back up pattern (i.e. 4th-3rd-2nd-1st-2nd-3rd) works really well. Play the pattern over the intro chords: Am C D F Am E Am E (I usually play the last E as single slow downstrum - and by 'E' I mean, of course, 'E7' ;))

E7 sounds better than E to me in this one.

The Cynthia Lin "Here Comes the Sun" tutorial on youtube is a cracker as well.

Top Bottom