FS: vintage Kamaka pineapple...

UkerDanno

Reaction score
A friend of a friend has this old Kamaka pineapple for sale, she thinks it's worth $3500.00 as is. if anyone is interested, let me know and I can put you in touch and/or supply more pic's. Also, any expert advice as to value would be good.

pineapple.jpgpineapple7.jpg

Any realistic comments on value?
It is worth what a buyer will pay for it. I looked on ebay completed sales, but didn't find any completely painted ones like this. That crack is ugly and would probably be a deal breaker for a collector. I could be wrong.

Any realistic comments on value?

I don't have any idea, but to get value I would:

1) Submit photos and description to Elderly Instruments for free appraisal

2) Contact Shawn Yacavone of Ukulele Friend for his view

Good luck!

Eddie

I can't believe the condition of the paint, the headstock and interior decals. Looks like this instrument has been in its case since it was new. Wow!

Seems to be an unusual model. The label has " Special" on it. Might be worth contacting Kamaka by email wth the pictures included to see what they say about its vintage.

Doesn't look like it has been treated too nicely. Bad crack. Label looks to have mold spots on it. That might not bode well for the instrument.

Might have been the case of a guy w a bad case of UAS and after buying this pineapple, his wife bashed him over the head with it.

Top Bottom