Not a Luthier - Do I need this jointer?

Is the world against WD-40 for cleaning the surface rust? In the midwest USA you are issued a can at birth. Has WD40 fallen out of favor, just like Brylcreem?

CORRECT model number is 37-110, not 37-11C.

WD-40 was one of the greatest inventions ever made. I once washed a cell phone in the washing machine, opened it up, sprayed WD-40 into it, let it sit in the sun for day and as good as new. The one thing about WD-40 I think has to be realized is that the stuff is a great solvent and not that great a lubricant although it tries to be both. Great for cleaning up corrosion but not so great in the long run as a lubricant. Actually it can leave a sort of filmy residue that can get downright sticky. Clean with WD-40 and then remove and replace with proper oil/lubricant... Sorry off thread.

Great for cleaning up corrosion but not so great in the long run as a lubricant. Actually it can leave a sort of filmy residue that can get downright sticky. Clean with WD-40 and then remove and replace with proper oil/lubricant... Sorry off thread.

Seems pretty on topic to me anyway. Just cleaned it with WD-40 and it did take the rust off and left a sort of film like you said.

Top Bottom