Baritone Fingerstyle Music Books

If you dont mind he extra work you can take pieces from a GCEA book, enter them into a tool like musescore, then transpose and fix them up using a custom defined bari 4 string ukulele.

I've gotten quite a bit of help from "Baritone Ukelele From Scratch", by Bruce Emery. Not totally about finger picking but a couple of helpful chapters.

I really liked this book (and the Christmas Carols companion book), and now use it with the low-G tenors too. Bruce is a great guy also, worth supporting. :)

Well I started working on fingerpicking my baritone and a banjolele tuned to Hi-d GBE. I still don't have a book, but it's not missed as much as I thought it would be. I do have a Uke For Dummies book, and it helps. I can already read regular music and most of the ornaments, but I'm not usta T-I-M-R fingerpicking so it's a bit of a stumble there.

My main pain (Ha!) is, of course, chord related. Chords on the staff are new to me. I can figger them out, but they, as usual, slow me down. I hate to admit it, but I think chords in TAB are easier to read. So, right now, I'm playing tunes in G. Next, I'm gonna attack C and then D. The Dummies book is a help. Tonight, I'm gonna read the section on how to stack the chords and melody notes together. I also have "The Complete Idiot's . . ." book.

When (and if) I learn how to fingerpick, I'm gonna play me some cool slide blues. I already have a glass slide. :eek:ld:

Top Bottom