DIY endpin reamer

FinnP

Reaction score
Hi
I'm about to install a K&K internal pickup in my Islander AC4 and needed an endpin reamer.
They are quite expensive and hard to find here, so I made one of a paintbrush handle. It worked very well. I drilled with different drills to 9 mm and my homemade reamer took care of the rest. I used double sided tape.
IMG_0196.jpg
IMG_0197.jpg
IMG_0198.jpg

Well done! For a "one-off" job it looks to be an excellent solution. You might have been lucky to find a piece of wood with the correct degree of taper, or did you turn it to size?

:music:

They come in many sizes, so that's not necessary. Mine was size 10, whatever that means. I used my my caliper and subtracted the thickness of the sandpaper.
Be sure not to make the sandpaper strips too wide (it's better to wind two narrow strips).
I think it would be possible to make many kind of reamers this way, if you take the time and make an accurate measuring.

Last edited:
That's a really cool idea. I'm going to try to remember it. I have a couple of actual reamers, but this little trick could come in handy in any number of projects when needed. Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom