Big Island tenor ukulele

Jools1050

Reaction score
IMG_1434.jpgHi all, I haven't been here for a long time as my hobbies lead me away from the Uke path! So it's time for the inevitable clear-out. First one to go is my big-island tenor. Bought from a forum member a couple years ago. I'm looking for £300. The sale includes the case. I could deliver if you are willing to cover cost, or meet you at a mutually agreeable location.IMG_1438.jpgIMG_1438.jpgIMG_1440.jpgIMG_1437.jpgIMG_1436.jpgView attachment 98142

Big Island ukes are an incredibly underrated uke brand. They don't get much press, but they look and sound fantastic, at least the ones I've had.

As a complete novice I need to ask how wide the nut is and also is this different in any way or a standard tenor. I can't find that model to see price or reviews.

One of my first quality Ukes was a Big Island concert. Well built and I really liked the inlay in the headstock. Best on the sale.

Big Island ukes are an incredibly underrated uke brand. They don't get much press, but they look and sound fantastic, at least the ones I've had.
I can second that! In fact Big Island was my emotional first choice when I was looking to upgrade from the cheap mahalo. What prevented me from purchasing was the cost was significantly higher than other K brand Aisa mass-produced uke's. But i was most attracted to the Big Island uke because it played so easy and had beautiful tone. And it is a good looker too. Someone should snatch this up. I'm not a tenor player or I would consider.

Hi all, it looks as though I have found a buyer - I'm finalising the details and they're about to be very happy with it - I was when I bought it! Thanks for all the positive comments.

Top Bottom