De-lurking from Nashville

Mahnogard

Reaction score
Hi! I ordered my second ukulele less than three days after getting my first. While that's probably not a record, it does prove that you all weren't kidding with the UAS warnings. :D

I've soaked up a lot of knowledge and confidence boosts while lurking here for the past week or so, and I figured I should speak up and say hi, and thank you. After all, if not for UU, I wouldn't have taken the plunge, and I wouldn't have known about Mim so soon, and I wouldn't have my darling Kala Ziricote soprano that arrived from her shop yesterday. Now I know why everyone talks about her setup. I have very little strength in my left hand, and last night I was too lazy to get up and get my capo so I just barred on the third fret instead. That probably seems like a small thing, but I had to quit playing guitar because I just couldn't play anymore, and it's probably been about 10 years since I was able to barre anything.

I had given up on making music after many years of having a love/hate relationship with it. For more reasons than just my hands, but that's a long story. Yet, here I am, with two of these magical little instruments, finding my voice again.

So yeah. Thanks. I'm really, really happy that I found this place. :)

Last edited:
Welcome, Christa. We are happy to have you here!

David

Welcome to Ukulele Underground, Christa!
The Nashville Ukulele Society already had their February meeting. There will be another next month. Visit the blog for an address you can write to and ask to be added to the mailing list.
http://nashukes.blogspot.com

Players of all skill levels are welcome. More infö here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/8246686315/

We hope to see you there!
—David Weilmuenster

What a lovely story! Happy Strumming! and welcome!

Thanks, all, and thank you, David, for the info. I don't get out of my neighborhood much these days (East Nash) because I rarely drive, but I will be definitely thinking about coming out to a meeting.

I might participate in this week's Seasons if I can work up the nerve. :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom