Your Favorites....

bikemech

Reaction score
Nope. I don't want to know your favorite brand, or scale size, or strings, or hand sanitizer.

I want to know about your Favorites Folder. I am assuming most of us have a computer (pretty safe assumption there) and that on said computer you have a favorites folder which you have titled Ukulele. Within that folder you have stored links to all the interesting blogs, forums (isn't there only one?), reviews, ukulele stores, performances, songsheets, tutorials, etc. - anything and everything that has to do with your passion for ukulele. How many links do you currently have?

I've got 105 right now. Most are links to songsheets, performances, or tutorials.

How about you? Please add a link to anything you'd like to share.

This is a big one for me right now.

http://www.doctoruke.com/index.html

In this as in just about everything else in life, my needs are pretty minimal: my "Ukulele" folder contains 3 links, UU, Flea Market Music, and Ukulele Hunt. I don't really watch videos or tutorials at all, and when I see tab I want to learn I download it locally and print it out since I'm low tech that way (I prefer paper over a tablet).

I had a bit of a clear out of my 'ukulele' folder recently and now it mostly just contains pdfs. However, I do have a bookmarks folder on my web browser that contains several links to uke stuff. Mostly they are links to online chord sheets but there is this...

I tend to clear it out of things that I don't go back to regularly, but I have a screenful of links just now.
Often I forget which is the one I want, so end up Googling for stuff.
This here site is the only uke forum I use. :)

I just have one folder that has pics of beautiful ukes, vintage shots of people playing them, some uke- and island-themed pinup art.

Then one folder with tabs, music, etc. But I have most of that printed out.

Only other stuff is mp3 files, of which I have maaaannnny.

As a guy who used to make income in part by gigging and recording, I am very sensitive to just downloading free music and ripping off artists. I support musicians whenever I can by purchasing mp3s or CDs.

The bulk of the music files I have are either things I purchased or very old songs that are otherwise unavailable. Things I've snagged from places like archive.org.

This here site is the only uke forum I use. :)

ARE there really any other active uke forums?

Many years back I was on the Flea Market Music Bulletin Board a lot, but it seems to have changed. And Ukulele Cosmos seems pretty sedate these days...

The bulk of the music files I have are either things I purchased or very old songs that are otherwise unavailable. Things I've snagged from places like archive.org.

I think I will be purchasing a book or two soon but it is great to be able to scour the internet, discovering new music or rediscovering something you've heard in the past that may not be available in any commonly available publications.

I think I will be purchasing a book or two soon but it is great to be able to scour the internet, discovering new music or rediscovering something you've heard in the past that may not be available in any commonly available publications.

There are some university sites and library sites that have a lot of sheet music for download as well. Some sites charge, but I've seen s lot for free too.

I was referring to actual music files I have though...mp3s. I have a ton, many of which I haven't managed to hear yet!

Top Bottom