2017 Los Angeles Int'l Ukulele Festival

I'm considering driving over from Phoenix for this... how long until you think they run out of tickets? Do I need to decide soon?

For the past couple of years I haven't had any problem buying a ticket at the entrance. I usually arrive within an hour of it opening. So probably no rush.

For those going, please look out for me, Patchen and Kevin Beddoe of Kinnard Ukes (who is exhibiting). We will have a Luthiers for a Cause table at the event and be offering embroidered tees, hats and possible cleaning clothes. All profit will go straight to the Ukulele Kids Club.

Got a few festival updates for y'all:
1) Tickets for the festival preview night are now on sale: only $35 for 'ono food and time to hang out with the festival artists (priceless). Sept 29, 6-8:30pm at the Gardena Elks Lodge. Only room for 100 people so first come, first-served! Tickets: http://kalakoa.tix.com

2) Vendor page has been updated www.losangelesukulelefestival.com

3) Among the prizes to be won day of the festival, we'll have 6 Islander ukulele, courtesy of Kanile'a! Check out their website: http://www.islanderukulele.com

Don't forget to please spread the word to your total beginner friends about the great deal they can get on an entry-level Ohana ukulele for basically only $74 ($45+$74=119)! Visit the website and scroll down the page to view the specific models. Remember, $45 is all you have to pay to get into the festival area and take all the workshops you want and see the BEST of the best ukulele artists

FYI for those coming in from out of town: The Howard Johnson in Torrance (3673 Torrance Blvd, Torrance, CA 90503) is only $95 for a single, $99 for a double and only ½ mile from the festival site, totally walking distance to the Cultural Arts Center. Give 'em a call (you don't have to mention the festival in order to receive the great rate) 310-316-5570.

What's the preview night like? Should I bring my uke? I highkey wanna jam with y'all xD

Cool, you're from Mililani? Yes, definitely bring your ukulele - will have open mic and jams for sure! Also bring your appetite and maybe another ukulele for autographing since all the artists will be there

See you there!

Cool, you're from Mililani? Yes, definitely bring your ukulele - will have open mic and jams for sure! Also bring your appetite and maybe another ukulele for autographing since all the artists will be there

See you there!

Yups, and I just bought my ticket for the event! Looking forward to meeting some famous people lol

Howie your insipid posts are what's truly shameful; knowing you, the price could be $5 and you'd still be asking the same thing. This will be my one and only reply to you.

??

What did he say that merits this sort of response publicly? A little explanation will do, as I'm a bit perturbed as to your demeanor in reply to an innocent reply, however opinionated it is. I will not be attending this now due to your sponsorship and reply has left a weird taste in my mouth.

You are entitled to your feelings and so am I. If it's an "explanation" you want, all you need to do is look up Howie's disrespectful post history. I said what everyone is thinking.

Hi all, having trouble finding out if the event is wheelchair accessible and if there is handicap parking? Is the event spread out over a big area? or small? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi all, having trouble finding out if the event is wheelchair accessible and if there is handicap parking? Is the event spread out over a big area? or small? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi - yes, it is totally wheelchair accessible and yes there is (free) handicapped parking. The entire area isn't real small or real big, I think you'll find it easily navigable. See you there, let me know if you have any more questions

You are entitled to your feelings and so am I. If it's an "explanation" you want, all you need to do is look up Howie's disrespectful post history. I said what everyone is thinking.
He has no disrespectful post history.

Sorry but you're not a pro in your replies here.

Good luck at your festival.

Again, you are entitled to your feelings and opinion as am I.

I will concede, though, that one of these days I need to learn my lesson about even engaging in these kinds of discussions.

You're missing the point still. I don't care about our right to opinions or feeling, I get that.

My point is if you're going to represent something where customers or potential customers are welcomed, you have to have right judgment on what to say and filter whatever it is to represent appropriately.
I don't care someone's history of replies here, but what matters is that he is someone who asked a question and then when not responded to, made a statement about it. You engage him as a proper guest still (unless he blatantly disrespected you, which he didn't here) and filter your responses appropriately.

Because if not, you have a potential to confuse some that this sort of curt reply is representative of the festival, when it is not and rather a commentary on your own agenda w him.
Thank you.

Last edited:
In other news....

1) breakfast and lunch will be served by L.A. L.A. Catering within the paid admission area, in the Ken Miller Rec Center
2) 2 food trucks will be outside the Entry Plaza 11am-2pm: Serendoggity and Brewwing Reminder: the Entry Plaza is free and open to the public!
3) Workshop page has been updated on the website
4) Schedule page has also been updated
5) Times TBD for tutorials covering re-stringing (sponsored by GHS, thank you!), fret buzz, instrument set-up & more

This looks so GOOD. Amazing All Star line up.
Seriously considering bailing out on work for this.

In other news....

1) breakfast and lunch will be served by L.A. L.A. Catering within the paid admission area, in the Ken Miller Rec Center
2) 2 food trucks will be outside the Entry Plaza 11am-2pm: Serendoggity and Brewwing Reminder: the Entry Plaza is free and open to the public!
3) Workshop page has been updated on the website
4) Schedule page has also been updated
5) Times TBD for tutorials covering re-stringing (sponsored by GHS, thank you!), fret buzz, instrument set-up & more

Question: are the vendors located in the Entry Plaza or in the paid admission area? I was looking forward to going but unfortunately, i have another commitment that day and would have to leave super early. Looks like a great festival. I'm trying to see if I could squeeze in like 30 min just to walk around the vendors, etc.

Thanks!
Rich

Yes, most all the vendors will be in the Entry Plaza which is free and open to the public: Ohana, Uke Life, Dave's Island Instruments, Iriguchi, Kinnard, Kala, Nalu & more

When I attended last time I made up this map for myself, thought it would be useful to anyone else. I can't make it this year because it's on Yom Kippur and I'll be in synagogue most of the day.

LA Inter Uke Fest map.jpg

Top Bottom