Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Los Angeles Int'l Ukulele Festival

I now have a ticket reserved for flying out on September 30th (8am arrival) and then back on the 30th (7pm departure)...$104 round trip from Minneapolis to LAX with Spirit. This way I don't have to miss any school to attend, and I don't need to pay for a hotel. Might bring my new Enya and collapse it to get there. Ticket purchased for the event as well...almost bought a PK-10 at the same time (I don't have a pineapple).

Suggestions for getting from the Airport to the Torrance Cultural Arts Center? What's the best bet? Uber?
    Playing ukulele since January 2016.

Have you participated in the thread, "How the Ukulele Found You?" If not, please consider adding your story--they are just fun to read.

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...lele-found-you

Uber is the most convenient way to go. Round trip for a hundred bucks? Wow.

Yes, Uber. It's about a 15 minute drive.

Bummer - I live in Torrance, very close to the venue, and I would happily pick you up myself! But I have a rehearsal in Orange County that morning so I'm not sure I'm going to make it to the festival. If I do, it'll be a last-minute decision.
    Kala KA SC, Fluke Tenor Ukelyptus, Gretsch 9121 Tenor, Green Waterman, Stagg Union Jack Soprano

Today Spirit sent out a 50% discount for travel...which I can no longer use as I am booked already...but it is 40.19 each way, making it 80.38 versus the $103 I spent for travel. Yeah--only $20 difference. But that might have paid for the Uber.

That's the challenge with Spirit (I'm okay with their restrictions, etc.)...you never know if the current deal is the best deal!
    Playing ukulele since January 2016.

Have you participated in the thread, "How the Ukulele Found You?" If not, please consider adding your story--they are just fun to read.

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...lele-found-you

Luthiers for a Cause will be represented. We'll be selling tees, hats and cleaning cloths with all profit going straight to The Ukulele Kids Club. And Kevin Beddoe will be showing off the Kinnard Luthiers for a Cause ukulele! Hope to see plenty of you there!
    More an appreciator of the ukulele than a true player. My motto is: "Don't matter how good it ring if it ain't got some bling."

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.—Voltaire

Curious about the relative importance of tonewood vs. the luthier? See Luthiers for a Cause to learn more!

Hello Choirguy, Google LAX shuttle services.
    I usually use Prime time or Supershuttle.
    While less covenient than Uber it should be half the price.
    Playing my Magic Fluke and grinning like a fool!

I'm so much looking forward to this festival and the Friday night dinner with the performers. It was so much fun last year seeing a little bit of impromptu playing while relaxing and enjoying conversations with the stars great people and very approachable to ask them the things you want to know! Also the food was great! Hope to see you all there!
    Dennis Ramsey / Brothers Ukes

Nice article on the upcoming festival:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/los-an...tival-20170830

It's coming up fast!! Anyone have any questions about anything?

So - who wants to be on TV??? KTLA is coming to the Torrance Cultural Arts Center to do several live segments about the ukulele festival - so excited!!! Looking for 10-20 volunteers to show up bright and early Monday morning 9/25 w/ukulele in hand - and when I say bright and early, we need you there no later than 4:50am until 9:30am. Please email me at mitchchang@mac.com and let me know if you're in - thank you!!!

Thread Information