2017 Los Angeles Int'l Ukulele Festival

Ahhh, the three workshops I have intrest in are all at the same time?!*#*?! Oh well, it will still be an awesome day! Last year was great and this will be as well. See you there.

Yay, see you there! Folks are coming from all over the L.A. South Bay area, from Rialto, Corona, Norco, Long Beach, Topanga, El Cajon, Anaheim, Oak View, to name a few; San Francisco, Pacific Palisades, Oregon, Alaska and even from Japan, Germany, Philippines! Where will you be traveling from (question to everyone)?

We're right down the street. On the border of Gardena and Torrance in the Harbor Gateway Strip(L.A. City)

Thank you so much for putting this on for everyone Mitch.

Can't wait! I'll be there from Huntington Beach, CA!

I now have a ticket reserved for flying out on September 30th (8am arrival) and then back on the 30th (7pm departure)...$104 round trip from Minneapolis to LAX with Spirit. This way I don't have to miss any school to attend, and I don't need to pay for a hotel. Might bring my new Enya and collapse it to get there. Ticket purchased for the event as well...almost bought a PK-10 at the same time (I don't have a pineapple).

Suggestions for getting from the Airport to the Torrance Cultural Arts Center? What's the best bet? Uber?

Yes, Uber. It's about a 15 minute drive.

Bummer - I live in Torrance, very close to the venue, and I would happily pick you up myself! But I have a rehearsal in Orange County that morning so I'm not sure I'm going to make it to the festival. If I do, it'll be a last-minute decision.

Today Spirit sent out a 50% discount for travel...which I can no longer use as I am booked already...but it is 40.19 each way, making it 80.38 versus the $103 I spent for travel. Yeah--only $20 difference. But that might have paid for the Uber. :)

That's the challenge with Spirit (I'm okay with their restrictions, etc.)...you never know if the current deal is the best deal!

Luthiers for a Cause will be represented. We'll be selling tees, hats and cleaning cloths with all profit going straight to The Ukulele Kids Club. And Kevin Beddoe will be showing off the Kinnard Luthiers for a Cause ukulele! Hope to see plenty of you there!

Hello Choirguy, Google LAX shuttle services.
I usually use Prime time or Supershuttle.
While less covenient than Uber it should be half the price.

I'm so much looking forward to this festival and the Friday night dinner with the performers. It was so much fun last year seeing a little bit of impromptu playing while relaxing and enjoying conversations with the stars :) great people and very approachable to ask them the things you want to know! Also the food was great! Hope to see you all there!
Dennis Ramsey / Brothers Ukes

So - who wants to be on TV??? KTLA is coming to the Torrance Cultural Arts Center to do several live segments about the ukulele festival - so excited!!! Looking for 10-20 volunteers to show up bright and early Monday morning 9/25 w/ukulele in hand - and when I say bright and early, we need you there no later than 4:50am until 9:30am. Please email me at mitchchang@mac.com and let me know if you're in - thank you!!!

Top Bottom