Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Los Angeles Int'l Ukulele Festival

I'm considering driving over from Phoenix for this... how long until you think they run out of tickets? Do I need to decide soon?
    "If a lot of people play the ukulele, the world would be a better place to live."

For the past couple of years I haven't had any problem buying a ticket at the entrance. I usually arrive within an hour of it opening. So probably no rush.

For those going, please look out for me, Patchen and Kevin Beddoe of Kinnard Ukes (who is exhibiting). We will have a Luthiers for a Cause table at the event and be offering embroidered tees, hats and possible cleaning clothes. All profit will go straight to the Ukulele Kids Club.
    More an appreciator of the ukulele than a true player. My motto is: "Don't matter how good it ring if it ain't got some bling."

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.—Voltaire

Curious about the relative importance of tonewood vs. the luthier? See Luthiers for a Cause to learn more!

Got a few festival updates for y'all:
    1) Tickets for the festival preview night are now on sale: only $35 for 'ono food and time to hang out with the festival artists (priceless). Sept 29, 6-8:30pm at the Gardena Elks Lodge. Only room for 100 people so first come, first-served! Tickets: http://kalakoa.tix.com

2) Vendor page has been updated www.losangelesukulelefestival.com

3) Among the prizes to be won day of the festival, we'll have 6 Islander ukulele, courtesy of Kanile'a! Check out their website: http://www.islanderukulele.com

Don't forget to please spread the word to your total beginner friends about the great deal they can get on an entry-level Ohana ukulele for basically only $74 ($45+$74=119)! Visit the website and scroll down the page to view the specific models. Remember, $45 is all you have to pay to get into the festival area and take all the workshops you want and see the BEST of the best ukulele artists

FYI for those coming in from out of town: The Howard Johnson in Torrance (3673 Torrance Blvd, Torrance, CA 90503) is only $95 for a single, $99 for a double and only ˝ mile from the festival site, totally walking distance to the Cultural Arts Center. Give 'em a call (you don't have to mention the festival in order to receive the great rate) 310-316-5570.

What's the preview night like? Should I bring my uke? I highkey wanna jam with y'all xD
    Youtube
    Mililani, Hawai'i // Irvine, California
    UC Irvine c/o 2018
    Yes, of course you should watch Shigatsu

Cool, you're from Mililani? Yes, definitely bring your ukulele - will have open mic and jams for sure! Also bring your appetite and maybe another ukulele for autographing since all the artists will be there

See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by mitchchang View Post
    Cool, you're from Mililani? Yes, definitely bring your ukulele - will have open mic and jams for sure! Also bring your appetite and maybe another ukulele for autographing since all the artists will be there

See you there!
    Yups, and I just bought my ticket for the event! Looking forward to meeting some famous people lol
    Youtube
    Mililani, Hawai'i // Irvine, California
    UC Irvine c/o 2018
    Yes, of course you should watch Shigatsu

Quote Originally Posted by mitchchang View Post
    Howie your insipid posts are what's truly shameful; knowing you, the price could be $5 and you'd still be asking the same thing. This will be my one and only reply to you.
    ??

What did he say that merits this sort of response publicly? A little explanation will do, as I'm a bit perturbed as to your demeanor in reply to an innocent reply, however opinionated it is. I will not be attending this now due to your sponsorship and reply has left a weird taste in my mouth.
    All for sale; pm me:

Brand new Loprinzi Honduran mahogany soprano w new hardshell case. $350

You are entitled to your feelings and so am I. If it's an "explanation" you want, all you need to do is look up Howie's disrespectful post history. I said what everyone is thinking.

Thread Information