Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 2017 Los Angeles Int'l Ukulele Festival

It was a nice day for lots of fun. As usual there were more workshops and performances than could be seen. Lots of everything. Seemed to be more of an International feel. We had more instructions than our brain can remember. Great job again Mitch.

Better than last year's. The best part of last year's for me was Mitch's workshop on hearing and ID'ing chord progressions. That actually helped.

A year ago, my daughter was learning to play "The Lava Song" on her own by constantly replaying this YouTube video. Lo' and behold, the lady in the video, Cynthia Lin, was there in person and my daughter was all giddy. She got her ukulele autographed by Cynthia Lin and had a picture taken with her too.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Kalei Gamiao's performance. I loved how he incorporated percussion in his loops.

Fulare Pad (what a strange name) were charming and great. I wished they were a little louder, but I was sitting in a different seat for their performance. Torrance is technically still part of L.A. County, right?

I wish we could've stayed for the two girls' performance, wanted my daughter's thoughts on them, but we had to be in Ventura by 5:00 so we left around 3:00.

Will be there next year. Thanks!

A HUGE thank you to all the performers, instructors, volunteers, sponsors, vendors, and supporters and to all the friends who came from near and far (Peru, Japan, Germany, east coast, Midwest, NorCal & more I'm sure), I'm honored that you included my humble ukulele festival in your travel plans. We'll see you next year!

Thanks for posting these Mitch!
    I heard such great things about the festival (again) from family & friends!

mx

Quote Originally Posted by mitchchang View Post
    Video highlights from this year's festival: https://youtu.be/myNKDh7k6kU

Here are more images from the day: https://jlcederblom.pixieset.com/uku...vallosangeles/ - I'm sure you'll see yourself in there somewhere

There were so many people from out of town this year, even more than last year - including from outside the country! So in the interest of folks making their travel plans for next year, please save the date - Sept 22, 2018 - and keep an eye out for a forthcoming post announcing the lineup and ticket sales. Please be sure to join the email list at www.losangelesukulelefestival.com

Thanks again everyone

Just found out that my group, The CC Strummers, are invited back next year to perform at the 2018 Los Angeles International Ukulele Festival on Sept. 22. Glad I can make it this time.

Member The CC Strummers: https://www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos
    Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, provide ukuleles to kids in hospital music therapy programs.
    Patronize Bruce Wei Arts eBay store/custom shop in Vietnam http://stores.ebay.com/Bruceweiart-M...nstrument-Shop, good products, reasonable price. (Don't heed old reviews, he makes good stuff.)

Thread Information