Ukulele Rack? What are the alternatives for displaying ukuleles?

I've used a light weight curtain rod brackets and a suitable length wooden dowel. Works with friction tuners.

Last edited:
Small PVC pipe is available from Home depot. Probably don't even need glue.

I used PVC wrapped in plumbers pipe insulation. Works great and looks much like the one you have posted. I think it cost me around 9 dollars to make and holds 6 or seven ukes in their cases or out.

I converted a bookshelf to a humidity controlled display case. Someone recently posted a circular rack like used in music stores.

Shelf w Godin 1024.jpg

book case 1.jpgcc1.jpgcc2.jpg
Living in New Hampshire it would not be a good idea for me to display solid wood instruments in a rack, and I hate to have all of those cases lying around. One case is an old clock and the other is a book case. Both over 100 years old. Both have had the glass replaced with UV filtering acrylic. They are both on inside walls and neither receives direct sunlight. Humidity is controlled with small open containers of distilled water during the winter, and naturally in the summer, (a real wood case is very good at self regulating humidity). It also keeps the dust and dogs away.

I have posted these before, but it seems to be relevant, so here they are again. It works for me.

Last edited:
What's the humidifier there?

I lined the seams all around the inside with weather insulating tape and have two trays of water on the lower shelf (only had one in there when I shot the photo) with lids that I slide open or closed as needed according to the two hygrometers in there, a digital and an analog.

I also bought a guitar hanging system online on which I hang my bass ukes and mini bass guitars.

New bass racks 800.jpg

Mine are all in their cases but I found a shelf to store them on.

IMG_6294.jpg

Looking at these pics is really firing my UAS up.

Great display ideas!

View attachment 98327View attachment 98328View attachment 98326
Living in New Hampshire it would not be a good idea for me to display solid wood instruments in a rack, and I hate to have all of those cases lying around. One case is an old clock and the other is a book case. Both over 100 years old. Both have had the glass replaced with UV filtering acrylic. They are both on inside walls and neither receives direct sunlight. Humidity is controlled with small open containers of distilled water during the winter, and naturally in the summer, (a real wood case is very good at self regulating humidity). It also keeps the dust and dogs away.

I have posted these before, but it seems to be relevant, so here they are again. It works for me.

Those cases are amazing! Especially the one made from the clock! Wow. Great job!

Uke hanger.jpg
This was very simple and cheap to build and it will be easy to add onto.

I bought that case separately but the uke I have in there right now is my Asturias

Top Bottom