Ukulele Rack? What are the alternatives for displaying ukuleles?

View attachment 98327View attachment 98328View attachment 98326
Living in New Hampshire it would not be a good idea for me to display solid wood instruments in a rack, and I hate to have all of those cases lying around. One case is an old clock and the other is a book case. Both over 100 years old. Both have had the glass replaced with UV filtering acrylic. They are both on inside walls and neither receives direct sunlight. Humidity is controlled with small open containers of distilled water during the winter, and naturally in the summer, (a real wood case is very good at self regulating humidity). It also keeps the dust and dogs away.

I have posted these before, but it seems to be relevant, so here they are again. It works for me.

That book case display is awesome! Thanks for the idea. Only have one uke at the moment and soon to have a second. But as the herd grows I'm totally going to keep this in mind. Love the look!

That book case display is awesome! Thanks for the idea. Only have one uke at the moment and soon to have a second. But as the herd grows I'm totally going to keep this in mind. Love the look!

Thanks. It was my wife's idea to be able to see them. I think that she was right.

Rather than start a new post, I'm going to bump this up. Has anyone found the answer to a ukulele rack (for 5 instruments)? There are tons of rack options for guitars, but those are too tall. Looking for something like this for sale in the US. Wondering why no body through to make a guitar rack with adjustable height so people could use with ukuleles (because you know none of us have more than one ukulele).

Rather than start a new post, I'm going to bump this up. Has anyone found the answer to a ukulele rack (for 5 instruments)?

I think you can use a 3-guitar rack for 5 ukes and it'll be the perfect height for picking up uke and playing. The uke rack in your post looks very short, so it'll have to go on a table or something to make its ukes easily accessible. Maybe put a basket holding misc uke stuff under the ukes since they don't need all the space beneath them when put on a guitar rack:

20220425-143554.jpg

Rather than start a new post, I'm going to bump this up. Has anyone found the answer to a ukulele rack (for 5 instruments)? There are tons of rack options for guitars, but those are too tall. Looking for something like this for sale in the US. Wondering why no body through to make a guitar rack with adjustable height so people could use with ukuleles (because you know none of us have more than one ukulele).

Bonanza Ukulele makes a kind of cool carousels for ukuleles. If I had a music room or a specific place to play, it would be a slick addition.

I bought a guitar rack and shortened it in one side and the bottom profiles. At the time I sized it for a small romantic guitar at the far right.

And some are in my new stringswing20220426_004524.jpg20220426_004533.jpg

I bought a guitar rack and shortened it in one side and the bottom profiles. At the time I sized it for a small romantic guitar at the far right.

And some are in my new stringswingView attachment 140275
Wow Pou

View attachment 140276

And some are in my new stringswingView attachment 140275View attachment 140276
Wow Poul. That's one amazing collection.

I love what you did with the guitar rack. What model and brand is that guitar rack? I'd probably cut both sides down, since I'm pretty much tenor ukuleles only. But that's the ideal outcome. Did the legs adjust or did you use a saw?

Django, Best cases
Living in New Hampshire it would not be a good idea for me to display solid wood instruments in a rack, and I hate to have all of those cases lying around. One case is an old clock and the other is a book case. Both over 100 years old. Both have had the glass replaced with UV filtering acrylic. They are both on inside walls and neither receives direct sunlight. Humidity is controlled with small open containers of distilled water during the winter, and naturally in the summer, (a real wood case is very good at self regulating humidity). It also keeps the dust and dogs away.

I have posted these before, but it seems to be relevant, so here they are again. It works for me.
Best cases I've ever seen Django!! Does the clock one strum on the hour? ;-)

And sorry for my ignorance and being slightly off topic, but do you have humidity problems in Winter from heating or the cold? (No humidity issues at all here in Tasmania)

Wow Pou

View attachment 140276

Wow Poul. That's one amazing collection.

I love what you did with the guitar rack. What model and brand is that guitar rack? I'd probably cut both sides down, since I'm pretty much tenor ukuleles only. But that's the ideal outcome. Did the legs adjust or did you use a saw?
It's a Rockstand for electrical guitars. I used a hacksaw but this stand is "made" for cutting down. I also moved one of the bottom tubes, to accomodate the smaller bodies.

Thank you, I tell myself and others: I'm not collecting........Ouhmmmm..........I'm not collecting........Ouhmmmm as I just sold several hundred items from Greenland to make more space in my smaller house. I just wanted one of each kind of instrument but they just keep coming !! And You ain't seen nothing yet ;-)

I have started to refine the "noncollection" but so far I've only managed to get better high end instruments but not gotten rid of any of the lower end stuff. :)

20220426_033056.jpg

I think you can use a 3-guitar rack for 5 ukes and it'll be the perfect height for picking up uke and playing. The uke rack in your post looks very short, so it'll have to go on a table or something to make its ukes easily accessible. Maybe put a basket holding misc uke stuff under the ukes since they don't need all the space beneath them when put on a guitar rack:

20220425-143554.jpg
My cat would knock these over. She scratches her face on everything.

Nice Graphophone! What model is that? I have a collection of Graphophones and Edison machines. I used to do a lot of restoration work.

I like to hang mine on the wall. I rotate the group with other ukes, guitars, and dulcimers that I have...20220112_095328.jpg

Top Bottom