My first ever music video!!!

jonyoon

Reaction score

**Apologies to the admins/mods for the cross-post if that isn't allowed. If it isn't feel free to remove this post**

Hey UU'ers!

I know I don't post much (life and work get in the way, not to mention the practice time that never seems to be enough of!), but I wanted to share something that I'm so proud of here.

So my first six-song EP (ukulele pop focused) was released about three years ago. Since then, I hadn't been in the studio again until sometime around October 2016 and I was working with a new producer (a friend of mine, David Patrick Miner of Chartreuse Muffin Studio) and we focused on just ONE song. Working with a music producer is an interesting one. You have your vision, they have their vision. There's a lot of trust involved. In the studio, I got the ukulele tracks and my vocals down, no problem. But once we started to add more to the song (percussion, bass, synth stuff, layers, etc), things got a bit scary merely due to my inexperience. Once I began to understand what my producer was doing, things started to make sense. A great producer will listen to your song, then start spinning it around in their head like it is a Tetris piece in 3-Dimensions to see how it's shaped and how it'll fit with other stuff. My simple 2-D brain just couldn't get it at first. But after 8 hours of studio work, we were done and we had this awesome finished song that was ukulele-focused and still maintained the spirit of my original stripped down version of just my singing and my uke.

Now that the song was done, I was onto the next thing, getting a video made. I never had one done before and I felt that with a song that was this good, I needed a video to go with it. So I tapped another friend (Amanda Drewniak of Ardor Creative Media) that I worked with on a few short films where I helped compose music (some uke-based of course!) for those films. This was new territory for both of us. She never made a music video and I never had one made either. But we were both game to add something new to our portfolios. However, as we worked on the video, the original concept didn't quite go as expected due to some hangups. But we managed to adapt and change based on our desire to make something fantastic. When we were done, this amazing video was the final product. I was in awe of how her vision and mine came together for this video, not at all different than when I worked with David for the song.

I learned throughout this entire process that you need to find good people to work with and work with those that see your vision and share in it, but are also encouraged to contribute to it in their way as well. You end up with something that belongs to not only you, but to them as well.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed watching the video! If you liked it, please share it! I'm really hoping that Bill Nye will actually see it!

Very well done! I like the song.

Cute song, thanks for sharing. I enjoyed it.

Talking about Science Things...What a great little song here. This is a great video which will be airing in my science classroom very soon!

Dang this is cool . Thanks , very well done , tastie sound - easy -n - free . Great job on the recording and videography .

You should end it to Bill :)

EZ :

HR

Top Bottom