FS: Stunning Dave Talsma Custom Martin Style 3 Concert

stevejfc

Reaction score
***SOLD[** Please PM me if you are interested in additional pics in HIGH RES. For whatever reason they will not download here) Beautiful Dave Talsma Custom Quilted Mahogany Martin Style 3 Concert. Dave's ukes seldom come up for sale, and I know I'm going to regret letting this one go; but unfortunately the downsizing must continue. This is an absolutely stunning example of the craftsmanship of Talsma String Instruments, Swartz Creek, Michigan, and is featured on his site, www.davetalsma.com. Solid quilted mahogany body, 4x B/W and ivoroid binding, 6x B/W rosette, ivoroid headstock and tail piece inlays, ebony fret board with 4x B/W inlay and MOP fret and side position markers, mahogany neck and bridge with through bridge and soundboard stringing, quilted mahogany veneered headstock and Peghead tuners. This is a meticulously built instrument that is truly a wonderful, smooth player. It is serial #101, with a 2010 build date and considering the amount of hours of play is in very good condition. There is some minor honest-to-goodness play wear near and around the soundhole, two small spots that look like shirt button rubs on the back, and some finish marks where the fret board meets the neck on the A string side, most likely from the ring finger. I have just cleaned and polished the ebony fret board, polished the fret bars, and restrung with Oasis Bright re-entrants. Comes with a very well fitting black with gold hardware yellow stitched hard case. SOLDshipped CONUS with payment through Paypal Friends and Family.

Attachments

• SSCN2113.jpg
    SSCN2113.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 459
  • SSCN2114.jpg
    SSCN2114.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 394
  • SSCN2115.jpg
    SSCN2115.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 341
  • SSCN2116.jpg
    SSCN2116.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 413
  • SSCN2117.jpg
    SSCN2117.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:
I don't normally comment on someone else's For Sale post, but as a fellow owner of a Talsma Style 3, I have to tell you: Dave's work is top quality custom work, and I can't believe this uke is for sale! If I didn't have one of my own, I would buy this in a second.

Love the look.

Last edited:
Great looking Uke!

Gawd I wish I had $875 I don't need for anything else.

I too would love to have this ukulele. My Talsma concert is absolutely lovely in every way. One of the reasons I'm not buying the one listed here is I have Dave building a second one for me as I write this.
I cannot recommend this instrument enough.

Just relisted as original sale fell through. Please see first post of thread. Thanks!!!

So...it's a little confusing here Steve. At first glance...especially where you say "sold"...but relist, I get it. That's a real beauty and consider this a friendly bump!

I'm amazed this is still available, at that price. Some larger pics might help?

I have several high resolution pics, which for whatever reason, the Marketplace site is not allowing to download. Shoot me a PM if you're interested, and I can forward them to you. BTW, it seems to be a current site pic downloading issue according to recent posts on the Underground Forum Rules Thread.

Last edited:
Dave makes terrific instrument that not only sound great, they are beautifully made. He is one of the best out there. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks for your kind words EDW, Ernie, Sonoma and others. Dave Talsma does indeed make great ukuleles. High Res pics are now available. Please PM me if interested.

Top Bottom