Just received my Martin Style 1 Centennial Edition!!!

jfalconc

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Just want to share photos of my Martin Style 1 Centennial Edition Ukulele...during the week I will do a comparison with the S1.

Screenshot (212).jpgScreenshot (213).jpgScreenshot (214).jpgScreenshot (216).jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot (216).jpg
    Screenshot (216).jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 102
Nice....I would think that a Mexican uke would be pretty darn good. My Nicaraguan uke sure is.

Martin Style 1 Centennial Edition Ukulele:

Last edited:
Looks great congrats on the purchase! Can't wait for the review I hope you enjoy it

I have an S1 and adore it myself. Never really understood the people who knock them. It might not be USA, and it might not be vintage, but it IS still a damn good ukulele for the money. Thankfully the Centennial get's rid of the horrible gold sticker logo on the headstock.

I have an S1 and adore it myself. Never really understood the people who knock them. It might not be USA, and it might not be vintage, but it IS still a damn good ukulele for the money. Thankfully the Centennial get's rid of the horrible gold sticker logo on the headstock.

Totally agreed with you Bazmaz...S1 and now the Style 1 Centennial are my Soprano favorites!!! BTW...thanks for your reviews, I have learn a lot from you!!!

Beautiful Uke! Now I want one.
The wife will not be happy, so I'll need your phone number so I have someone to back me up!

Jfalconc,

Where did you end up purchasing the Martin from? I am seriously considering this as my next purchase. I have a C1k and I love it but now I find myself gravitating toward a soprano.

Congratulations!

It looks wonderful and I am sure it plays wonderfully as well.

Thank you. I'd seen them on Elderly but I was wondering if there were other places to order where you might get a better price. :eek:

I ordered it through American Musical Supply...price $469.00...it is a standard price!!!

Awesome. From the looks of it, it looks like everything one would want from a Martin!

Jfalconc,

Where did you end up purchasing the Martin from? I am seriously considering this as my next purchase. I have a C1k and I love it but now I find myself gravitating toward a soprano.

Greetings...I bought it from American Musical Supply

I love no branding on the headstock (at least the public side). You can go incognito. I sort of like the idea that some probably people think my ukes aren't even as good as a Kala. I'm not sure what that says about me.

you'd think they could spring for a rosewood board, instead of morado, just to keep it authentic, .

To be honest, since the expansion of the CITES restritions that included rosewood I think you are going to see far far less of it on ukuleles and guitars any longer - just prices them out of international distribution. It might warrant a rosewood fingerboard but that limits Martin on where they can sell them.

The OX series sopranos have already had their fingerboards and bridges changed to Sipo wood (Utile / Sipo Mahogany) to remove the rosewood. Many other brands I know are going the same way - either using Morado, Sipo or Walnut for fingerboards going forward.

To be honest, since the expansion of the CITES restritions that included rosewood I think you are going to see far far less of it on ukuleles and guitars any longer - just prices them out of international distribution. It might warrant a rosewood fingerboard but that limits Martin on where they can sell them.

The OX series sopranos have already had their fingerboards and bridges changed to Sipo wood (Utile / Sipo Mahogany) to remove the rosewood. Many other brands I know are going the same way - either using Morado, Sipo or Walnut for fingerboards going forward.

Is ebony CITES-restricted? I haven't read all the posts discussing the restrictions. Makes my head hurt, ouch!

I know the uniformly black ebony is rare, but I don't mind the stripey stuff. In fact, I quite like it. I don't mind any wood for a fretboard, actually. As long as it's hardwood. Maple would be an interesting look against the stain Martin puts on their mahogany.

Now that I own my vintage, I might like a modern Martin one of these days. It would be interesting to compare. Although I'm not sure if anyone has a Centennial left to sell...

In fact it's pretty wide ranging now. It's those on Appendix II of the regs that require certificates for international shipping. They include

All variants of Rosewood
Bubinga
Cocobolo
Mexican, Honduran and Cuban Mahogany
Ebony

Top Bottom