Hello from upstate New York

Yokosmom

Reaction score
I've been playing mountain dulcimer for the past few years, but have started getting tempted into branching out into uke-dom. I plan to buy my first uke in the next week or so (have one more store to scope out). So many brands!

Hi, Yokosmom!

What part of Upstate? It is a pretty large area!

I'm near Albany (Well, near-ish...)

I'm in the Binghamton area, so quite a bit south of you. You are right--upstate covers a lot of ground! I have heard that there is a uke group in the Ithaca area. I may check them out eventually.

Lived in Binghamton myself back in the '90s. Cheers. :)

I'm in the Binghamton area, so quite a bit south of you. You are right--upstate covers a lot of ground! I have heard that there is a uke group in the Ithaca area. I may check them out eventually.

Thanks for letting me know the options. I may try the Ithaca group first, but good to know there are backups.

Hi Yokosmom,

I'm from the Binghamton area also. A couple of my coworkers at the university - one of whom is also a dulcimer player - just bought ukes. We have been talking about getting a group together. PM me if you think you might be interested. We are individually taking private lessons, but would like to benefit from playing with a group. We just kinda need someone who knows how to play to help us along. :)

We are also going to check out the Ithaca group, but it would nice to have locals to play with.

Uke Shillelagh

Turns out Uke Shillelagh is in the office next to mine. The peril of using nicknames! There are three of us in the same workplace who just started playing ukulele. We want to start a group, but we'll need someone who actually knows how to play....

Top Bottom