Yay! I got my first YouTube Troll!

ksiegel

Probably unknown member
UU VIP
Reaction score
Just logged onto the computer tonight, and I got my first Troll message on YouTube, for my "Honey" video from October 2012 (Season 35, "Coffee, Tea, and Honey Makes 3")

The message was:
Iamzombiehunter
8 hours ago
Highlighted comment

Two things to say.
Learn to sing and learn to play the Uki... OMG you destroy songs at every turn!

Wow! I must be doing something right, to attract such a response!

I thought about flagging/blocking this person, but decided against it. He/She must have some pretty major issues, to feel the need to comment so negatively on a song that I prefaced by saying how much I hate the song. So I left it alone.

All I can tell about this person, from the YouTube stats, is that the IP address is in Indiana.

So if any of you know Iamzombiehunter, from Indiana, please give him/her a thumbs up from me! I was considering using another finger, but it just isn't worth it.

-Kurt​

In other words, "So you were thinking about me." :biglaugh:

I wish I could destroy a uki like that. Haha!

Aw, your first hate mail! Definitely a sign of impending fame!

You tube makes you realise that there a lot of somewhat strange and unhinged people out there.

Accomplishments by others threaten and anger some w inferiority complexes.
It means they haven't figured themselves out yet.
Or haven't been given enough attention during childhood.

It is sad

I did reply to the poster, which may be what he/she was looking for; I said:

Hey, thanks for the positive critique!

You know, since you are anonymous here on YouTube, you can say anything you want - and nobody has to know about your lack of tact, interpersonal skills, or whether or not you can do any better than those you choose to criticize.

If you don't like the video, don't watch it. If you don't like my singing, or don't like how I play the ukulele (what is a "uki", anyway?) then you are free to leave the channel, or troll me as you wish.

But if you intend to be a jerk, please have the decency to identify yourself, and provide your credentials. You don't have any videos posted, so we have no way to compare my abilities to yours.

I don't mind it if someone says I suck at performing - that could be a fair assessment. But if that is what you are going to do, be honest about who you are, and give me direction for improvement.

Lead by example.

So far, the ones who've bothered to leave a nasty comment on my videos (instead of just a dislike) have always been someone who doesn't have any videos of their own posted. I don't know if this still works, but in the past if people had left their YouTube account settings a certain way you could see what other recent comments they had left on other videos. One person just spent an evening going around crapping on random videos. With another, mine was the only video the person had commented on that wasn't p*** -- I felt kind of honored that someone had bothered to stop watching nude bodies to watch my video.

Top Bottom