Season 265 "Golden Age of Ukulele"

A special broadcast and forecast ALERT!

A storm has started to brew in France and is headed to America where two storms may collide and a wrath with ensue. It seems as if nature is aware of this and in the event that all our computers blow up when this happens let it be known that the wrath in France was very well aware that the wrath in America started first. It appears that the wrath in France is planning to arrive on its target first but alas the wrath in America has already landed. What we are hoping is that the wrath in America is able to get out of the path of the wrath of France and there is no destruction.
However, we ask that you be prepared for the worst and prepare now. Get your supplies in order and find shelter ASAP!

As a side note~ This wrath may cause several mini wraths to appear. It is to be expected and allowed!

Limousin, France: home of the grapes of wrath ;-)

EEeeeeee By 'Eck...I clean forgot...I wor so busy loooooking fer Golden Aged Uke Songs ower yonder side o pond ....I forgot our Golden Age ovver 'ere ......Worra Winkle am I ?

this was a hard one for me to follow the melody line, Maybe next time it will be better. thanks in advance for listening.

Last edited:
I would just like to point out that When Irish Eyes are Smiling was first published in 1912 so its copyright has long expired, so this resident of one of the more Northerly parts of England feels free to play this song on his chromatic gob iron thingy and attempt to accompany it on a ukulele thingy because it just happens to be a tune of the month for the Harmonica Club Forum. Furthermore, he feels free to post on this here forum thingy 'cos it will be like killing two birds with one stone (not that he is in the habit of lobbing rocks at birds, you understand)

That is, of course, if he ever manages get to a round tuit as they are in short supply just now.

Im looking forward to that chromatic gob iron thingy and that uke thingy Geoff :) I hope you do bring it along!

This is an old Irish hymn first translated into English and published in 1912. It's been a super busy week, and this will probably be our only entry for the Golden age part of the season, but we do plan on doing a few for the big St. Paddy's Day Party.

This is an old Irish hymn first translated into English and published in 1912. It's been a super busy week, and this will probably be our only entry for the Golden age part of the season, but we do plan on doing a few for the big St. Paddy's Day Party.

"Rop Tú Mo Baile".or "Be Thou My Vision" was written as a poem by Saint Dallan, the Chief Ollam of Ireland, (Bard), in 6th Century C.E. The Chief Ollam of Ireland was equal in status to the High King. After giving an oration on St Columcille, he is said to have regained his sight! (Dallan meaning the blind one).

Some really fine entries today. Thanks guys! Iam for bed folks! When the Suns comes up on Tonga, About 7 AM EDST I will be updating the
“St Patrick's Day Donnybrook” Playlist. You can post as you will for that Part of the Season. Good Night All!

Top Bottom