Season 265 "Golden Age of Ukulele"

This should be from the right era, a 1908 song that I discovered when looking into Public Domain Music.

It is not really a harvest moon in the picture, but a picture taken during an event called "blood moon", when the moon looks reddish during a lunar eclipse. It was the best moon picture I had.

I've got a good Moon picture...but my missus says no...*sheesh*

We'll Meet AgainSeason 265 Wrap-up!

That about wraps it up for Seasons of the Ukulele, 265 - “The Golden Age of Ukulele”

47 Seasonistas participated the main playlist, and 28 in the "St Patrick's Day Ukulele Ceili". We raised about $150 the Shriner's Hospital for Crippled Kids! Hope you had fun. Mahalo!

By the way its Vera Lynn's 100th Birthday today so please join in:

Great week Tommy. Thanks for getting me back in the action. Love the old songs and the St Pats was really fun too. I appreciate your dedication :)

Congratulations all that helped raise the money for the kids!

Greetings,

Thanks Tommy, it was a blast! Wish I had more time to see all the vids, but the few I was able to watch were awesome!

Ciao

Thanks for the season, Tommy and the wrap. With Chuck Berry dying on Saturday it was good to have something to celebrate and Vera Lynn being 100 is worth celebrating. Apparently she was told that with her voice she would never make it as a singer. How often does that happen and maybe it was because her voice had character that led to her success. She was also a key part of maintaining morale among the troops during WWII.

Thanks for the season, Tommy and the wrap. With Chuck Berry dying on Saturday it was good to have something to celebrate and Vera Lynn being 100 is worth celebrating. Apparently she was told that with her voice she would never make it as a singer. How often does that happen and maybe it was because her voice had character that led to her success. She was also a key part of maintaining morale among the troops during WWII.

And a happy Hammer to boot (along with Barack Obama and HM the Queen!) :cool:

Top Bottom