Hat acquisition syndrome

I tried to go to work on Halloween as Alex from A Clockwork Orange w my black English bowler

Attachments

• 20171101_192603.jpg
    20171101_192603.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 15
A coupla days ago I got a very short haircut-almost a crew cut. I have a very large head, so now my hats will fit better.

I had my hair whacked off because I’m very tired of trying to make it look good. I wear hats all the time anyhow. :eek:ld:

Chop it yourself then spend the savings on hats. That sounds like a solid plan. Hair is overrated (although mine is fairly thick).

My haircut doesn’t look good now, but, after about 70 years of messing with it, I’m satisfied. I spent 21 years in the Air Force and had to keep it the way they wanted it. About a year ago, it was down past my shoulders, and I had a beard too. I looked like an old, weird hippy. Then I got a regular “man’s” haircut and tried to make it look good. But it’s like baby hair and does whatever it wants.

So now it’s gone. I can smooth it with my hand, slap a hat on, and I’m ready ta go. :eek:ld:

My hat acquisition syndrome is a little different.... ukes.jpg

My hat acquisition syndrome is a little different.... View attachment 104134

Wow! Where do you get all of your ukulele hats? I only have two - a Santa hat and a pink hat that my ukulele wore at the Women's March on January 21.

attachment.php

Haha. Beanies for ukuleles. Now that is cute.

However. If you can get a mini fedora on a uke..

I'll be impressed.

Akubra:Snowy River x2, Coolabah, Hemp Range
Stetson: 2
Borsalino: 1 fedora
Capelli nero, aka Saturno
Wippell's: Canterbury cap
Various ventilated hats.

let's play dress up!

My hat acquisition syndrome is a little different.... View attachment 104134

All you need now are some matching fingerless gloves to go with the beanies.

I've been thinking for a while that uas and ukulele collections are akin to an adult doll collection. I think the beanie pic has firmly confirmed my hypothesis.

^I heard akubra is awesome. I hadn't had a chance yet to handle one. I want one of their squatters.
With the Australian dollar very good against USD the prices for a good felt hat by them is only about a hundred dollars.

^I heard akubra is awesome. I hadn't had a chance yet to handle one. I want one of their squatters.
With the Australian dollar very good against USD the prices for a good felt hat by them is only about a hundred dollars.

I've bought a couple of Akubras in Australia, but also from David Morgan in Seattle. The hats are excellent. Akubra is a family company in Australia.

https://www.davidmorgan.com

I changed out the pin to a shiny gold colored one and it makes the hat pop more in a lux sort of way. Better for nite than day.
Usually if you're a regular customer for a hat merchant, if they've got extra pins lying around, they'll throw in an extra or two for you.

Attachments

• 20171115_092321.jpg
    20171115_092321.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 9
These are my hats. The left one was my Easter hat, but it got ratty, so now it's a garden hat. The right one is my uke hat. I rarely wear it, I hate hat hair.
my hats.jpg

Had the courage to wear my open road hat to work today

Love this hat , but it only works w certain attire..

Attachments

• 20171129_123044.jpg
    20171129_123044.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 20171129_123019.jpg
    20171129_123019.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 14
Ride ‘em, Cowboy! Yeah, I was enjoying my straw Stetson “Open Road” too, but now I’m under my black Triby. :eek:ld:

Last edited:
Top Bottom