Minnesota Ukulele Spring Fling

UkeStuff

Reaction score
Ukester Brown is hosting a ukulele spring fling, free of charge, on April 29th in Apple Valley, MN. The event isn't affiliated with any group in particular, just a nice get together. If you are in the area, put this event on your calendar!

IMG_5491.jpg

I shall do my best to be there.

Cool-o!
Thx for sharing, will share with my peeps.

I'll try to be there too - I now have it on my calendar.

I am also going to add that we are going to offer a monthly jam (led by me--really by the group) at the wonderful US location of Hobgoblin Music in Red Wing, MN. The first Jam will be Saturday May 13 from 10-12. It is an extension of the Twin Cities Ukulele Club, and sponsored by Hobgoblin Music (they are providing the space). It is a working harp and mountain dulcimer factory, Hobgoblin Store, and performance space in a converted barn. For ukuleles, they carry the same brands as the U.K. Hobgoblin Stores...so Ashbury and their affiliates.

If you live anywhere near Red Wing, hopefully the jam will be worth the drive...it isn't too far from the Mississippi River Valley.

http://www.bluegrassfun.com/saturday-morning-jam.html

I plan on attending. What's the routine for this gathering? What do we need - other than a uke?

Should we bring the "Yellow Book"? How about a music stand?

If you are talking about the Spring Fling, I'm not sure. If you are talking about the jam (or any of the Twin Cities jams) then the Daily 365 (Yellow Book) is standard, and a stand.

I just saw an e-mail from the Twin Cities Ukulele Club, and Ukester suggests bring the Yellow and Blue Books. Side note: is the second book available now for those who play Baritone?

Just to follow up...the event took place yesterday and it was enjoyable to get together and to play. Roughly 50 people were there--and a real highlight for me was having the opportunity to hear Auni play and sing--she is writing her own songs and I have incredible respect for those that write and sing their own music. Check out her entries here on the Seasons.

And of course, it is always great to see Ukester Brown at work (at play?) and to see many of the ukulele faces I have had a chance to get to know.

Incidentally, the next big ukulele event is the Silver Creek International Ukulele Carnival near Two Harbors, MN--north of Duluth--in August. If you are looking for ukulele events to visit--this is a fun one!

Just to follow up...the event took place yesterday and it was enjoyable to get together and to play. Roughly 50 people were there--and a real highlight for me was having the opportunity to hear Auni play and sing--she is writing her own songs and I have incredible respect for those that write and sing their own music. Check out her entries here on the Seasons.

And of course, it is always great to see Ukester Brown at work (at play?) and to see many of the ukulele faces I have had a chance to get to know.

Incidentally, the next big ukulele event is the Silver Creek International Ukulele Carnival near Two Harbors, MN--north of Duluth--in August. If you are looking for ukulele events to visit--this is a fun one!

Thank you so much! It was a fun time indeed and that song you lead us was SO much fun!

Top Bottom