Kala Elite USA series?

Glad you like yours, Jim! How about posting some pics for us to admire?

Alas, I only enjoyed it for a week and this morning my wife confiscated it - it's meant to be a birthday present and my birthday isn't until June! I'll do a NUD once it's back in my hands. I'll be wishing my life away in the meantime...

Alas, I only enjoyed it for a week and this morning my wife confiscated it - it's meant to be a birthday present and my birthday isn't until June! I'll do a NUD once it's back in my hands. I'll be wishing my life away in the meantime...

Gosh...that's cold...brrrrr!!!

I've been lucky enough to play a few (3-4) in various sizes. I believe them to be great values. Personally, they are easily the equal of the K's brands and based on my small sample size, I would likely buy a Kala Elite before a K brand. The one potential concern I would have is re-sale given the perception may people have that they could get a K brand for the same dollar and would prefer to do so.

With the praise here from some very well-played Ukulele players who own many other high-end Ukuleles over the $1k price point, I'd say that is becoming less and less of a concern as the perception that Kala Elite can't separate itself from a $100 Kala is quickly being debunked.

Personally, I have owned about 5 Kalas in my UAS buying past, and everyone has been quite satisfactory, sans the size. All my initial Kala purchases were Tenors, but I eventually abandoned the Tenor for Concert and Soprano, with a strong leaning to playing mostly Concerts. Otherwise, I probably would still have those Tenor Kalas...

Maybe there is a Kala Elite Concert in my future based on all the good feedback they are receiving.

Last edited:
Useful discussion for me; thanks! I have a Kala SMHT and an Islander soprano ( solid acacia, I think). My local shop has a Kanile'a K1 soprano and a Kala Elite concert. I like them both, but think I might want a concert this time. The price is about the same ($725-750). Might go for the Kala.

Top Bottom