What Do People Think About Kamoa Ukes?

Having played quite a few... I'd pass. IMHO, there are much better ukes out there at that price point. Then again, if you like it, that's all that should matter.

I don't see many people talk about the kamoas here. I have the old kamoa's they used to sell here, in the uu store. I'll just be honest they sound good but the craftsmanship is not really good, I also heard other ukers complain about the craftsmanship of their old ukes. But now they have newer models, they even have a koa model.

I had a grand concert with spruce and some variant of rosewood on the back that I gave to my son. It is a beautiful sounding uke.

I had a chance to play a few of them in one of their stores on Kauai. They were nice to play and sounded ok for their price though somewhat unremarkable. I had the impression that the store was mainly catering to tourists whereas locals preferred the stores that carried a variety of brands.

I'm still totally new to ukuleles but I recently picked the red E3-S up on an auction for $112 in like new condition. I was totally surprised that I was able to tell how much better it sounded than my concert Kala. The red really doesn't look cheap to me at all as it is more of a satin finish. I do prefer the look of some of the fancy wood grain ukes but I think I'm going to enjoy learning with this cutie. :)

pineapple soprano for me

My first uke is the kamoa pineapple, mahogany and spruce. I enjoy the shape and finish, the sound was what won me over playing several in the store before picking it. Holds tune very well even with my beginner failings and wonky strum string twangs. Construction is very nice and it has a lovely warm but bright sound that the other ukes in the store at the same price point did not. Did a little research but mainly looked for sturdy construction and good sounds along with the shops helpful folks.
i-g8mHFnF-M.jpg

Top Bottom