Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 266: Foreign Language

Quote Originally Posted by frisbee fred View Post
    I could probably sing in Canadian, eh...
    My sentiments exactly, eh....

Quote Originally Posted by PlastikUke View Post
    @robinboyd: You speak Japanese, right? Would you mind having look at these lyrics? https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/m/m...no_uta_crd.htm
    I'd just like to know if they look roughly Ok, so that I don't sing complete gibberish if I give this a try. Thanks.
    It looks pretty good. Just some tips for pronunciation...

1. Vowel sounds = a is as in father, e is as in pen, i is as in pin, o is as in dog, u is as in chute. If there are any vowel combinations, it doesn't change the sound of the vowel. Pronounce each vowel individually (nb "you" is not pronounced as you would pronounce "you" in English)

2. Where it says "wo," don't pronounce the "w."

Otherwise, I look forward to hearing it.

Good theme Sarah. There are a number of foreign language songs I would like to do. Iam not sure I know many Catalan Songs do you have some link suggestions?
    "Inspire me muse to sing of the wanderer, who sailed the wine dark sea and toppled the towers of Ilium"
    "Make a Joyous Noise"
    "Let there be song to fill the air"

Uncle Tommy's Holiday Camp

Quote Originally Posted by robinboyd View Post
    I hope you are all ready for some '90s Japanese country/rock/pop.
    Do you remember Cowboy Bebop?....my son and me almost finished the arrangement of this top notch anime song

Quote Originally Posted by robinboyd View Post
    It looks pretty good. Just some tips for pronunciation...
    Thank you! I have a basic idea of how to pronounce Japanese (tried to learn it years ago, never got anywhere beyond the very basics) but a few of your tips were new to me.

First song will be in French, 2nd in maybe Italian, 3rd in English. I am German. Cool theme, Sara!

Quote Originally Posted by TCK View Post
    Oh lord...this is going to be tough! Time
    To find a song NOW because this is gonna take some doin!
    Promises to be fun and surely often funny
    What TCK said! This should be a GREAT Season!
    KoAlana KCA- 0010 mahogany concert <VBG> Ohana PCK-25G pineapple mahogany concert Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top, willow back/sides Ohana Vita concert Martin 0XK soprano <yowza> *Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany gloss finish soprano Fluke natural concert <BG> Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> Islander MAT-4 spalted maple tenor Makala MK-CE concert

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Quote Originally Posted by LucilleJustRocks View Post
    Do you remember Cowboy Bebop?....my son and me almost finished the arrangement of this top notch anime song
    I remember it, but never really got into it.

If I get time, I might try another song by Joe Hisaishi this week. It was written for a countertenor, so I'll have to bring it down an octave. Trying to convince Tiffany to do something too.

Sara, I plan to have my husband sing while play the ukulele. I hope that is within the rules. I will bring you something in Catalan and maybe something in mumbo jumbo
    Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.

So far in the Seasons, I've sung in French, Italian, Spanish, German, and Japanese.

I'd love to someday do a song in Malagasy, but it probably won't happen this week. There's a song from Madagascar that I figured out the chords for years ago. I can now find the lyrics via Google, but the language is so dense (lots of syllables per second) I don't think I can figure out the singing in a week.

If you want to try following along with the words: Mahaleo - "Ramiaramila" Lyrics
    Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

Thread Information