Thread: Review - World of Ukes Pioneer Acacia Soprano

Default Review - World of Ukes Pioneer Acacia Soprano

Video review of my new World of Ukes (WOU) Pioneer Acacia Soprano

This is a solidly built Uke - bought for travelling, camping, rowdy nights at the pub - wherever/whenever I don’t want to have to worry about a fragile instrument!

Not the best projection, not the cleanest build inside; BUT it is good looking, with very good intonation (20 frets!) and a lovely tone.

Really very pleased with it, perfect for what I wanted it for. The case is excellent too, and a really good fit for this uke.

Since buying it, I have changed the strings from the Worth Clears it came with to Freemont Blackline Hard tension. I have also used an Ebony Spirit Stain on the fretboard and bridge - the pictures give an idea of before and after.

BEFORE stain
    P1090248.jpg

AFTER stain
    P1090260.jpg

Available from - http://worldofukes.co.uk/special-sec...l-solid-acacia
    Last edited by JesterBlod; 06-18-2017 at 11:00 AM.
    Ziegenspeck Spruce Tenor, Howlett Mahogany Concert, Howlett Short Bodied Spruce Tenor, Alder Concert, Big Island Koa Concert, WOU Acacia Soprano, Hamano Mahogany Soprano, Acacia Sopranino, Tenor Cigar box, Risa Stick Soprano.

Ooh - nice - I have a review of the Tenor version coming next week!
    4 Strings made of nylon, always put a smile on, anybody's face who's feeling blue....

The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

www.gotaukulele.com - uke reviews, songs, tips & tricks for beginners!

Ukulele beginner? My beginners handbooks for Kindle!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Martin S1, Fluke, Flea, Kiwaya KTS-5, Pono MHD Pro Classic

Thats great! - Looking forward to the Tenor review
    Ziegenspeck Spruce Tenor, Howlett Mahogany Concert, Howlett Short Bodied Spruce Tenor, Alder Concert, Big Island Koa Concert, WOU Acacia Soprano, Hamano Mahogany Soprano, Acacia Sopranino, Tenor Cigar box, Risa Stick Soprano.

Looking forward to tenor review. Where are they made. Is this a private brand for this vendor?

Quote Originally Posted by M3Ukulele View Post
    Looking forward to tenor review. Where are they made. Is this a private brand for this vendor?
    It is a private brand; the label inside says Made in China. He (Matt at WOU) designed a very limited run of Concert and Tenor Ukes, and when they arrived they had included a few Sopranos as samples too (except they had charged him!) - this is from what he says on his website:

"One thing I also wanted with the World of Ukes Pioneer 1T was to use a small workshop, rather than one of the giant factories. This was definitely not a badging-up exercise – no, I wanted very much to make a low production run, bespoke model to my specifications. To that end I used a small workshop with a lot of passion and skill, which worked by hand as much as possible. So, the build quality is good but the gloss finish, if you hold the uke to the light, has miniscule imperfections caused through being sprayed by hand, rather than machine. To me, given they look lovely and you can’t see this unless you are inspecting with a magnifying glass, there’s no issue – but I thought I’d mention it, and the reason why."
    Last edited by JesterBlod; 03-19-2017 at 09:41 AM.

Thread Information