For Sale - Moore Bettah Ukulele

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad this is working out good for all. My input besides my well wishes is that Chuck told me he likes the sound/tone that the koa with sapwood produces.

When John visited me he had no idea he was going to wind up buying an uke but he fell in love with this one. I loved it too, the tone is spectacular. It's one of those prime examples where the more subtle figured koa will often give you the best sound. I loved the chocolate color and the sapwood as well. When I met John he told me of his medical problems and it was evident in his hands that playing would be uncomfortable but he was optimistic that his upcoming doctor's appointments and procedures would alleviate the situation. Unfortunately this was not the case.

I was very impressed when John wrote me a few days ago and explained the situation to me and asked my "permission" to re home the uke. Others would, and have, sold their MBUs for far more than what they've paid for them and that's perfectly fine. But John's only intention was only to recoup his investment and pass the uke on to a good home, to someone that would play it and love it. That's a classy move.

Kudos to you John. It's really a great uke and I know you're sorry you won't be able to play it. I hope your health will be restored and you can get back to playing music again. But as you mentioned to me, there's always the harmonica. :)

When John visited me he had no idea he was going to wind up buying an uke but he fell in love with this one. I loved it too, the tone is spectacular. It's one of those prime examples where the more subtle figured koa will often give you the best sound. I loved the chocolate color and the sapwood as well. When I met John he told me of his medical problems and it was evident in his hands that playing would be uncomfortable but he was optimistic that his upcoming doctor's appointments and procedures would alleviate the situation. Unfortunately this was not the case.

I was very impressed when John wrote me a few days ago and explained the situation to me and asked my "permission" to re home the uke. Others would, and have, sold their MBUs for far more than what they've paid for them and that's perfectly fine. But John's only intention was only to recoup his investment and pass the uke on to a good home, to someone that would play it and love it. That's a classy move.

Kudos to you John. It's really a great uke and I know you're sorry you won't be able to play it. I hope your health will be restored and you can get back to playing music again. But as you mentioned to me, there's always the harmonica. :)

Thanks Chuck. Your comment means a lot to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom