The way I see the site has changed

saltytri

Reaction score
I notice that the format that I see under "What's New?" recently changed. After this happened, I can no longer can see my own threads or threads that I post to. Can this be fixed?

Thanks!

Yeah, it's goofy.

This one came up under "What's New" but the last one didn't. ?????

It now only shows threads that have new posts since you last posted in them or read them. After you post a thread or a response, the forum loads the thread, which counts as reading. I kind of like it, and I definitely like that new (unread) threads or threads with new posts stay longer in the "New Posts" list (not only 15 minutes after your last visit, as before).

Aloha David, if yiu go to new posts, you won't see it there, but if you then click activity stream, you will see it there

I rather like the change!

I often use 'new posts' if I want to catch up, but then if I am not fast enough, they had all gone.
The way it is now, I can browse everything that I haven't read yet as slowly as I want.

Thank you to whoever did this!

Yep, I'd often open twenty tabs with new threads I wanted to read, because when I wrote a longer response or answered a PM, the "new posts" list would reset. The way it works now is more convenient, though at the same time I also missed the easy access to threads I just answered in. But Stan's tip fixes that (thanks!).

Alternatively, you can select Quick Links and then Today's Posts to see all current activity.

I echo what others say, I like how it works now. No need opening tens of tabs to save the new posts for reading later.

It makes every sense, when I replied to a thread and no new replies after me, then its not "new" to me. It is normal to not included in "whats new".

Thanks UU ppl for making everything (forum, website, videos, etc.) benifits the community.

Top Bottom