Kala KA-ASOV-S sopranos, discounted twice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukeinfused

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
FYI for anyone looking for a pretty and affordable little player:
It may not be a good sign when a uke makes it way to Overstock, but these seem like a screamin' good deal.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/302258512334?_mwBanner=1

Note it is final sale. But even if there are action or intonation issues, at $94 with free shipping (solid woods!), a gal should be able to afford a good luthier set-up...?
I purchased two for nieces.

Moderators, please transfer the post if there's a better spot for this...

Really does look like a great deal. Suspiciously so. When they say "final deal" (we don't have this in Europe if it's a commercial seller, always can return online-bought items within two weeks), does that also exclude returns in case of obvious damage like cracks, water, etc?

Whoa, these go for $200-300 elsewhere, with $460.00 MSRP. Sounds great on that video, and pretty impressive HMS description: "Simple, beautiful, and wow, the sound is incredible. This is by far the best sounding soprano I have ever heard from Kala". High praise indeed! Looking at the ebay ad, it says they have 4 left, and have sold 10 in the last 24 hours!

Last edited:
Note it is final sale.

posting says..."Returns: 30 days money back, buyer pays return shipping"

tempting! Not that I need another soprano...:shaka:
If only they had a concert for about another $20...

FYI, from an email I got from HMS, closeout on Bocote...
http://www.theukulelesite.com/shop-by/brand/kala.html?utm_source=The+Ukulele+Site&utm_campaign=fedf07af77-Closeouts%2C+new+models%2C+and+ukulele+accessories&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_3b2ffa97da-fedf07af77-49564673&mc_cid=fedf07af77&mc_eid=659ae7e1d7

It does say "Final sale exclusion" on the listing, granted that return policy also there is confusing.
Someone must be buying besides me - they had 14 lst night and now there are three.

Crazy.

Someone please grab them all thanks.

Just bought one after I discussed a possible return with customer service if it was damaged or neck warped, They said if it was defective in anyway, they would replace it or refund. Also, using PayPal makes me feel a little better. I did research a few sites, regarding this model, and many of them are out of stock. I then went on to Kala's site and did not see this model offered anymore. I'm wondering if they're discontinuing the line.

Thanks! I just bought one too. Hope it sounds a nice as it looks.

When my wife sees it, I'm going to blame you ;)

Alllllll gone!

All gone.
I was going to close the thread so as to not break hearts, but I'm curious about what others think (including best strings) when these are all shipped out.
I'm sure most were purchased by this community, because they weren't flying yesterday.
I'll keep this thread open for a week or two then close it. My pair are due in MN next Fri.
Feel free to report back!

Last edited:
I just barely made it on time and got the last one. For the price, it looks and sounds topnotch. Can't wait to get mine.

Thanks for the tip, Tracie!

I got the third from last one!

I'm soo glad these are gone! I don't need another soprano!!!

Everyone report back when you get yours!

Now, about those bocote models...

I do love butterflies!

All gone.
I was going to close the thread so as to not break hearts, but I'm curious about what others think (including best strings) when these are all shipped out.
I'm sure most were purchased by this community, because they weren't flying yesterday.
I'll keep this thread open for a week or two then close it. My pair are due in MN next Fri.
Feel free to report back!

I'll be out of town until April 5th and won't get my hands on it till the 6th. Hope to see a few reviews from the folks who purchased one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom