Hawaii Music Supply (HMS)

Not sure I'm really comfortable with the snarky comment about island time. I live on the island and have had HMS deliver several ukes to my door, promptly. Stop by their shop in Haleiwa and workshop in Wahiawa, some of the nicest and most down to earth people you'll ever meet, and damn fine ukulele players and humble about it. Best ukulele shop in the world, hands down. Maybe you need some island time.

Last edited:
Don't hold your breath waiting, they will get back to you, however, in my recent experience, when they get around to it, seems they work on island time.:)

Actually, it appears email is best way to reach them. I emailed Zach (since it fell under "questions regarding your order") but it was Andrew himself who responded a couple of hours later. :)

I cut them slack recognizing all the 'added value' they offer with their videos, podcasts, and expert setup. Not to mention great service if for some reason you aren't happy with your uke purchase.

Well, when you are "slamming busy", one might consider adding employees. Just saying'. I have purchased several ukes from them and have never been disappointed. My only issue is the wait time. That said, I do appreciate the setup work that they provide.

I cut them slack recognizing all the 'added value' they offer with their videos, podcasts, and expert setup. Not to mention great service if for some reason you aren't happy with your uke purchase.

I agree with your points.

Also, I like Andrew.

He is super gent, caring and thoughtful and I like to know I am financially supporting him and his family with my purchases because of the tremendous extra value he adds to his business and thereby all of us.

So while I want my Uke sooner, I choose to wait for all of the reasons stated.

I have not yet had the pleasure of dealing with them. I've never heard one bad (legit) complaint about them. And they showcase the best players in the world!
And who else would chuck Moore have auction off his ukes?

I agree with your points.

Also, I like Andrew.

He is super gent, caring and thoughtful and I like to know I am financially supporting him and his family with my purchases because of the tremendous extra value he adds to his business and thereby all of us.

So while I want my Uke sooner, I choose to wait for all of the reasons stated.

nice Simon...not only does Andrew support his family he has 10 full time employees with family too....they all get great pay and full health insurance...not bad for a small company in Hawaii(Wahiawa by the way try to google this town and see how small)...:)

I am a repeat customer, I lost counts on how many ukulele I bought from HMS. Yes they might be a little hard to get thru nowsaday, but at the end I still received their responds. I know it might get extremely frustrated for not being able to contact anyone at HMS but I sincerely hope you'll get to know Andrew and his staffs, they are caring and helpful in anyway. :)

I’ve been planning a “help desk” at the site. Give me a month, tops, and I’ll have it ready. It’ll be for two hours in the morning and two in the afternoon. At those times we'll have someone standing by and helping online, and you can reference any emails we haven't gotten to. One of us, Me, Zach, Corey, Kalei, or Noah. Designated times will show up at the footer of our site each day.
I am really hoping that will help with some of the holes in our responsiveness and communication. Setup time is not a simple fix. Everyone doing this work has been full time for at least 5 years. Experience is so valuable. Anyway, big mahalos to the good folks here, much gratitude!

Andrew, that sounds like a great idea! Many thanks for all the help I was given by you and your staff when making purchases from HMS.

Excellent idea Andrew!
Those of us who know you and have dealt with you - we are your champions because you deserve it.

I’ve been planning a “help desk” at the site. Give me a month, tops, and I’ll have it ready. It’ll be for two hours in the morning and two in the afternoon. At those times we'll have someone standing by and helping online, and you can reference any emails we haven't gotten to. One of us, Me, Zach, Corey, Kalei, or Noah. Designated times will show up at the footer of our site each day.
I am really hoping that will help with some of the holes in our responsiveness and communication. Setup time is not a simple fix. Everyone doing this work has been full time for at least 5 years. Experience is so valuable. Anyway, big mahalos to the good folks here, much gratitude!

Morning Andrew,

No criticism intended in my posts, was simply relating my experience in dealing with Hawaii Music Supply.

The whole deal was complicated by my trying to place and order from Australia and have it delivered to an address in the US, sounds simple, however, trying to coordinate the process was kind of awkward.

Regardless, all's well that ends well, the uke is now safely in the hands of my daughter in MD.

Thanks to Andrew and Zach, for your service and patience in dealing with an awkward situation.

In case anyone is wondering, yes, I would buy from HMS again, without hesitation.:)

Top Bottom