Season 267 - A bit different!

Café on the Left Bank, written by Paul McCartney. I multi-tracked three instruments, a strummed uke, a plucked uke, and an accordion synth.

For Season 267 we're playing instrumentals. Here's the "Spring" theme from the first movement of The Four Seasons by Antonio Vivaldi. The arrangement is from James Hill and Chalmers Doane's Ukulele in the Classroom book two. I played the uke one part on a concert ukulele with a plectrum, uke two is played on a tenor, as is the chord part. I added a Ubass part to round it out.

So he said "I want to hears some tunes!" So I got out of bed,not and said "Why not?"

Anarchy In The Rain (one song to the tune of another)

This was take 2 - and I can't see it getting any better... ;-)

My first entry is a an instrumental cover of Tom Jobim's Wave. Please don't judge me too hard for it is a bit fast...more like rockin' Bossa. But I like it.

This week needs to be filled with Roger Miller songs. And Weird Al and George Formby, too.
Since this one has about 150 verses, I started messing around with the strum pattern partway through and figured if I messed up, I'd start again. But I pulled it off. Rani's presence overseeing the process must have helped.

I'm wearing my good luck University of North Carolina cap, since my alma mater is headed to the men's hoops Final Four again. I got rid of the rest of my good luck charms before recording, because, well, they're rather embarrassing.

Here is an arrangement I made of Silvery Moon last week for my daughters to learn.

Short subjects

A bit different, you say? Grand idea! Thanks for the hosting, too. Hosts are awesome!
So, here's my weirdness. I was asked to do some bumper music for a podcast about children's books, specifically about Newberry Award winners. The only guidelines were to send a few uke pieces between 24-45 seconds. Here are a few of them. They are improvisations.

Last edited:
A bit different, you say? Grand idea! Thanks for the hosting, too. Hosts are awesome!
So, here's my weirdness. I was asked to do some bumper music for a podcast about children's books, specifically about Newberry Award winners. The only guidelines were to send a few uke pieces between 24-45 seconds. Here are a few of them. They are improvisations.
Last one, thanks.

Last edited:
Oh, and is this daft enough? I wrote it for my enemies on st patrick's.

This was inspired by the following:

"May those who love us, love us.
And those that don't love us,
May God turn their hearts.
And if he doesn't turn their hearts,
May he turn their ankles
So we will know them by their limping."

Last edited:
Top Bottom