Season 267 - A bit different!

UkeFoote "Spring (first movement theme)" from The Four Seasons by Vivaldi

very nice rendition and arrangement

Last edited:
One of my regular "noodling around" pieces, which has finally been given a name - after the dog which barked at the very end of the first (abandoned) take...

This is a friendly note to new seasonistas,

We all appreciate you joining in with us. We love your music and your comments. Typically we make comments on YT to individuals. Its fine to make them here if you include who your comments are for. Commenting on YT makes it easier. Just click on the little YT logo on the bottom right of the video and it takes you to the YT video you are watching :)

"In The Bleak Midwinter, Gustav Holst, 1906.
A Christmas carol based on a poem by the English poet Christina Rossetti. It was published, under the title "A Christmas Carol", in the January 1872 issue of Scribner's Monthly. The poem first appeared set to music carol in The English Hymnal in 1906 with a setting by Gustav Holst.

My missus says that this tune sounds familiar, it popped into my head as I switched the camera on this morning. But I think it is one of those " I know the tune but not the Song/Piece/Whatever. "

Tommy's comment about Gustav Holst has just made me go & listen to The Planets - back in an hour! :wallbash:

Edit: Here's the link, if anyone wants it - https://youtu.be/Isic2Z2e2xs

The Planets was the first classical record I bought. I love it, especially the more lyrical movements.

Me trying a classic blues standard ...Hide Away.....

All done on my phone including uploading and all on a bench in a park in Sydney. Amazing world we live in!
From record to post took all of 10 minutes it really is just incredible.

Last edited:

Hi Keith! Not feeling terribly confident in the "instrumental" department, I have gone down the comedy song route. I might still have to do an instrumental, though, as I have been officially challenged by Linda L., despite the fact that one of my fingers is incapacitated ... and, in any case, having done my Eric Idle impression, I am now losing my voice, so singing is out.

Top Bottom