Season 267 - A bit different!

This is one of our standard Ceilidh sets. Winster Gallop is from Derbyshire, Jamie Allen & Salmon Tails from Northumberland. Harmonica, 6 string tenor ukulele and bass recorder. I pitch shifted the bass recorder down an octave in Audacity rather than get my contra bass recorder out. Easier to play and sounds OK - at least it does to me.

The pictures are ones I took at Saltholme, a local bird sanctuary.

Are you lonesome tonight with alternative lyric in a hopefully comical vein

I follow The Quiet American on Facebook. Mr. Keim posts tabs of new songs he's written occasionally. This turned up a few days ago, and I thought maybe it was easy enough that even I could try it.

Season 267. Submission 1. "Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds" (Written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney (1967) and performed by The Beatles.

******** HEADPHONES please for that authentic 60s experience. ;)

Keith, I'm submitting this under the "daft" category. I hope you'll feel that it fits. I suspect that this will be my only submission for the week, so let me express my gratitude for your interesting theme choices and the great music that has appeared thus far. I will be here to listen through the rest of the week.

Here's an instrumental. I had the Italian band PFM (Premiata Forneria Marconi) on the brain after playing one of their songs last week. This is an acoustic guitar piece called "Peninsula" from their "Jet Lag" album.

Randy (Harry112) sent me a PM and presented this song to me. He wanted to know if I could pull it off. I had a listen and looked at the lyrics. Its a song by the Canote Brothers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0zvrHkK44A

Last week when we were doing foreign languages I had a funny thought to do a song with my childhood secret double talk that Laurie and I used. Actually we still use it to this day. None of my kids have cracked the code ;-) We could double talk so fast that our tongues would trip. So what a surprise it was to have Randy contact me with a song called Double Talk. I changed it up to my own semi double talk to make it work. Then I sent it to Randy to work his magic and within a matter of a few hours he sent it back to me and told me to post it. What a generous guy.

Thank Randy!

Last edited:
I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face - Lerner and Loewe

(aka I've Thrown A Custard At Her Face)

Instrumental backing track

Here's a link to a nice backing track that producer Bob Sell has made available on YouTube - it's Dorian Mode stuff... plug in and wail along!

Greetings,

Instrumental, I intended to delete it today but some have found it already so I'll let it live. Not really fond of it, but all I had was my little ipod and about 10 minutes to try the song Aime on the banjolele. It has a few boo boos here and there. (But then, so do I )

:)

This is mostly just me noodling around, but then I realized that I was trying to play an actual song. It's a hymn titled "I Sing Praises To Your Name."*

*Irony. Yes, I know.

Top Bottom