Season 267 - A bit different!

I don't wanna be like you

(For Keith's benefit: "I don't like Mondays" was a #1 hit in 1979 for popular Irish beat combo 'The Boomtown Rats' ;-) )

Two Self Penned Jigs named after my younger daughter and my granddaughter. Played on Recorder and Tenor Ukulele. Photos of sunset taken from my house.

"I'm My Own Grandpa" is a conundrum that is as Old as the Hills! Literary notice was taken of it in the 1820's. During the 1860's Mark Twain published a poem on this subject in order to finance his family;s Grand Tour of Europe. Dwight Latham and Moe Jaffe, composed a song based on Twain's poem in 1922. It was first recorded by Latham’s vocal trio, the Jesters, who had a regular radio show on NBC in the 1930s. As such it became a hit that has remained popular ever since. I first heard this sung by Andy Gaul, at a campfire around the age of eight and I determined on the spot I was going to learn it. It took many years but I did it. It is a number that is always well received!

I pulled my earlier vid as I couldn't do it justice with no fingernails grrrrrr.
I've been messing around with this Daddy Stovepipe choon for a couple of days and thought I'd sling on the part I 've learnt as a noodle although its still a work in progress (thankfully my thumb nail is the sole survivor and handy for this one) Lol

Last edited:
Daft as I could find!

Both instrumental and daft: "Minka", an Ukrainian folk song on three different ukes.

I joined the Seasons 52 weeks ago, so this is my 1st anniversary. Thank you, Keith, for the great themes, and also for saying "Welcome abroad" a year ago. :)

Top Bottom