Season 267 - A bit different!

perfidia instrumental

season 267 SOTU
definately no singing in this one

Just another quick one from me before we come to the end of my week. :)
(Makala Tenor uke)

Edit: Why do I always seem to follow such good players! :wallbash:
:smileybounce:

Last edited:
My contribution this week was inspired by my recent strolls around the lovely Spring Landscapes of Catalonia.

The basic chords are played on a Seagull Merlin (M4) - the acoustic melody on an Oscar Schmidt 8 String Tenor Ukulele and the electric solo on an Alida Electric Tenor Ukulele (one of the (in)famous group purchase ones we bought a few years back here on UU). The hats you'll see in one section are explained in the youtube description.

This is NOT an entry!
I have been offline all week (so haven't watched many of your videos and have a lot of catching up to do). I was attending the Menucha Ukulele Camp outside of Portland OR. I was lucky enough to take a class with James Hill. Our Ukulele Orchestra Class tackled a very difficult piece - Winter by Vivaldi. This is our Thursday night performance (I'm on the end). Remember we had only 3 days to learn this piece so our performance isn't polished. But it fit so well with this week's theme that I thought I would share it with you. I hope you enjoy it.

SOTU 267: A Bit Different! My Original "Daft" Song - Kazooless in St. Louis Blues

My skills aren't really up to doing a decent instrumental, so I'm hoping this original will qualify as a "Daft" song. I first wrote this in 2015, but I have never recorded it to either audio or video. People seem reluctant to want to perform it with me??? :(

Originally, it was more of a bar song and the audience was supposed to repeat the last phrase of most lines. I've since reworked it into a 12 bar blues and have modified the verses. As stated in my YouTube description: none of the content is autobiographical. I just wanted to write a kazoo song, and this is what I ended up with. Hope you enjoy it:

+++++++++++ Chords and Lyrics in Chordpro Format ++++++++

{title: KAZOOLESS IN ST. LOUIS BLUES}
{st: Written 12.01.2015, ddanner}
{time:3:25}

Intro:

| [D] //// | [A7] //// | [G] //// | [D] //// | [D] //// |

| [D] . . I was Ka - | [D]zoo-less . . | [D] . . in Saint [D7] Louis, . . |
| [D7] . I was ka - | [G]zoo-less . . | [G7] . . in Saint | [D] Louis, . . |
| [D] . I was Ka - | [A7]zoo-less in Saint Louis, and my
| [G] Baby didn't love me quite the | [D]same . . . |

| [D] . . When I last | [D]had one, . . | [D] . . she didn't | [D7]need one, . . |
| [D7] . . When I last | [G]had one, . . | [G7] . . she didn't | [D]need one, . . |
| [D] . . Now she | [A7]wants one, and she | [G]tells me, I'm to | [D]blame . . . |

| [D] . . I was ka - | [D] zoo-less, . . | [D] . . and even | [D7]clueless, . . |
| [D7] . . Yes, ka - |[G] zoo-less, . . | [G7] . . and even | [D]clueless, . . |
| [D] . . . Just | [A7]why my uku - | [G]lele wasn't e - |[D]nough . . . |

| [D] . . Well if she | [D]needs one . . | [D] . . all that | [D7]badly . . |
| [D7] . . Yeah, if she | [G]needs one . . | [G7] . . all that | [D]badly . . |
| [D] . . . You'd | [A7]think that she might | [G]just learn how to | [D]strum . . . |

| [D] . First strum the | [D] Root Chord . . | [D] . . I said the | [D7] Root Chord . . |
| [D7] . . Then the | [G] Fourth Chord . . | [G7] . . and, back to the | [D] Root Chord . . |
| [D] . . Then the [A7]| Fifth, .. and the | [G]Fourth, and bring it back | [D] Home . . .|

| [D] . Now, if she | [D] wants it, . . | [D] . . I will | [D7] find one . . |
| [D7] . . If she | [G] wants it, . . | [G7] . . I will | [D] find one . . . |
| [D] . . And, Ka - | [A7] zoo-less | [G] I will be no | [D] more . . . |

Instrumental break with kazoo(s):

| [D]//// | [D]//// | [D]//// | [D7]//// |
| [D7]//// | [G]//// | [G7]//// | [D]//// |
| [D]//// | [A7]//// | [G]//// | [D]//// | [D]//// |

| [D] . So, if you | [D]have a . . | [D] . . uku - | [D7] lele . . |
| [D7] . Yes, if you | [G]have a . . | [G7] . . uku - |[D] lele . . |
| [D] . . If you | [A7]have a ukulele and you | [G]find your strum, ain't so | [D] tough . . . |

| [D] . Well, get a Ka - | [D]zoo . . | [D] . . and play it | [D7] loudly . . |
| [D7] . Get a Ka - | [G]zoo . . | [G7] . . and play it | [D] loudly . . |
| [D] . . Play it | [A7]loudly, and you'll | [G]find you're man e - | [D]nough! . . . |

Outro:
| [D] . . Play it | [A7]loudly, and you'll | [G]find you're man e - | [D]nough! . . . |[D] / [0000] [D] /

+end+

I was hoping to get time to learn another instrumental this week, but work has been nuts, so I've rerecorded the one that I learned a while back and put on the Island. Glad I can still remember how to play it.

Keith's theme inspired me to do this one though I decided to post it to the 268 Playlist. Keith commented that it was a peculiar song so I figured I should share it here too. I don't care if it makes the playlist, that would be Double Jeapardy! Enjoy!

I didn't make it this week :-(
I found a song, and got halfway a chord/melody arrangement, but didn't manage to learn it through.
Perhaps it will fit some other theme one day, so I can learn the rest.

Nice theme though.

Back in the Day when I was a member of the Renaissance Feasting Guild I learned this song from the singing of one John LaRose. A popular song at folk clubs, Renaissance Faires and Rugby Third Halfs, Many have denied writing this bawdy ditty but no one has claimed it for their own!

Top Bottom