Pono PKT8F 8 String. Looking for Info

rhiggie

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hello all, I just purchased a beautiful KOA Pono 8 string uke, model PKT8F. I've been scouring the web for info on this model and besides the listing I bought the uke on, can't find a single reference to this model. It's clearly printed on the inside label so it's not that. Very weird with todays search engines.

From what I can see inside, it's solid KOA unless someone did a great grain match-up on the back surfaces. Would love to find out when they were made and any other info.

The uke had a small crack in the top which I'm in the process of having repaired. My Luthier said it's a pretty easy fix. Worth putting some money into, can't wait to get it restrung and try it out!

Any info is appreciated. Thanks all, Rick

Last edited:
I was watching that one until it got sold at the Buy It Now price. A beauty and well worth the small repair. Those babies sold for a lot more than the other models at that time. You may also be able to get much information from the ukesite.com. I would likely put Southcoast strings on it. A discussion with them will help you select the best tension and resulting string set.

Top Bottom